• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quite possibly the easiest money of your life can be made betting on the Panthers opponents the rest of the season

hepcat

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

i think the universe wants us to go through this phase to make us appreciate the moment we finally quit shooting ourselves in the eye with a rubberband and figure out how to win.

There's certainly a lesson in there somewhere. 

8 hours ago, hepcat said:

-/+ indicates the favorite and underdog.

First box to the left is the spread. Broncos are -7.5 meaning they’re the favorite. If you select that, you’re predicting the Broncos win by more than 7 points to win your bet.

The -110 number beneath it is the amount you need to wager to win $100 in PROFIT. So if you wagered $110 you’d win $210 for a profit of $100.

The second box is the over/under so picking the total combined score to be over or under 42.5 points. 

Third box to the right is the money line bet which is picking a straight winner. That one should be self explanatory. 

If you combine multiple options into one bet it’s called a Parlay. Meaning you need all of those certain things to happen to win your bet. And that increases your possible profit because the odds are less that they happen. So if you combine the Spread pick with an Over/Under pick, you can win more money than if you just bet on one of those things happening. 

Everything else is a prop bet, meaning the result isn’t tied to the result of the game. For example, betting that Chuba scores a TD at any point in the game. If you bet than against Washington you would have won. But if you tied that in a parlay for say, Dionte Johnson scoring a TD as well, you would have lost. 

Thanks that was a great explanation 👍 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, hepcat said:

-/+ indicates the favorite and underdog.

First box to the left is the spread. Broncos are -7.5 meaning they’re the favorite. If you select that, you’re predicting the Broncos win by more than 7 points to win your bet.

The -110 number beneath it is the amount you need to wager to win $100 in PROFIT. So if you wagered $110 you’d win $210 for a profit of $100.

The second box is the over/under so picking the total combined score to be over or under 42.5 points. 

Third box to the right is the money line bet which is picking a straight winner. That one should be self explanatory. 

If you combine multiple options into one bet it’s called a Parlay. Meaning you need all of those certain things to happen to win your bet. And that increases your possible profit because the odds are less that they happen. So if you combine the Spread pick with an Over/Under pick, you can win more money than if you just bet on one of those things happening. 

Everything else is a prop bet, meaning the result isn’t tied to the result of the game. For example, betting that Chuba scores a TD at any point in the game. If you bet than against Washington you would have won. But if you tied that in a parlay for say, Dionte Johnson scoring a TD as well, you would have lost. 

One more question just to test if I understand this 

By picking these options,  does this mean I'm picking the Broncos to win by more than 8 points while the total game points scored is less than 43.5?? 

poo. By your explanation I'd have to pick the bottom option for the Broncos to win by more than 8 points.  What does +8 Panthers mean then?  I already picked Broncos to win . So +8 Panthers means the Broncos win by less than 8 points?? 

Screenshot_20241021_190916.jpg

Edited by Hoenheim

11 hours ago, hepcat said:

The Panthers have quite obviously given up. The defense is starting practice squad players. Marcus Mariota looked like a HOFer against this defense. 

Bet large amounts of money on the money line for the teams the panthers play. The margins might not be huge but it’s literally a win every week. Feeling sassy? Take the spreads and the over/under. Don’t get wrapped up in player bets. For example, the Broncos are currently ONLY -7 against the Panthers next week. Over/Under is set at 40. These are no brainer easy bets. The Panthers are a guarantee to be trash every week. Don’t miss out, put your kids through college or save up for that new truck, whatever it is. This is a golden opportunity. 

Hepcat trying get me in a hellcat betting against the Panthers.

I like it.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Can one of you explain exactly how these type of bets work? I've been doing research and still don't completely understand the options. Can you explain the numbers here??

Screenshot_20241021_104233.jpg

Ok so when a team has a plus sign (panthers +7.5) that means Vegas is giving you 7.5 points so  the Panthers can win or even LOSE by 7 points and you would still win your bet, when a team has a minus sign (broncos -7.5) that means you need more that amount to win the bet. The second column is the over / under for total points in the game. That's self explanatory

The final column is the money line so just who you think wins the game. 

Now the odds. It's oddly reported but essentially that is the odds of your bet. Lower numbers equals less return on your money. It's easiest to think of it has 100 dollars. With -110 odds that nets you essentially 90 dollars (91 to be exact) plus your original money back. So if the Broncos win by 8 and you put 100 dollars in you would net 91 dollars but have 191 in your account. For positive odds like the Panthers money line you can essentially take the first two numbers and multiply it by your betting amount. 

So 100% on the Panthers money line would net you 2.8 X 100 280 dollars with the original bet back so 380 would be in your account. Obviously there with really, really low odds like -1000 you are not going to profit that much money unless you bet a HUGE chunk of money. 

I'm not advising you to gamble but play around with it in the app and it will tell you how much you are going to make if you hit your bet

Also if you are starting to gamble DO NOT bet large amounts. Start with like 1 and 5 dollars. Good gamblers are principled and only bet units of money. For some a unit is 1 dollar for some it's 1000 dollars. Depending on your disposable income but eventually Vegas wins and the sport is too random to bet 100% correct. Excellent gamblers have like a 60% success rate or even less. 

Gambling help? Call 1-800...

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

By picking these options,  does this mean I'm picking the Broncos to win by more than 8 points while the total game points scored is less than 43.5?? 

poo. By your explanation I'd have to pick the bottom option for the Broncos to win by more than 8 points.  What does +8 Panthers mean then?  I already picked Broncos to win . So +8 Panthers means the Broncos win by less than 8 points?? 

Right now you are betting on the broncos to win, but by 7 or less with the total score under 43.5

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

If the white selections are the ones you've selected you've actually picture the Panthers to win or lose the game by less than 8 points or win. Yes the Broncos can WIN the game and as long as it is 7 point lead or less you would win the bet 

You have bet the under so the total number of points scored would have to be 43 or less. Sometimes I look at team totals to help me with what they are predicting each team to score prior to betting over/unders. For example if they were predicting the Broncos to score 23.5 and the Panthers to score 20 (they aren't it's just an example) I would be the under bc no fuging way do we score 20 points. 

I just want to point out that Vegas GIVING the Broncos (a below average offense) 8 points against any NFL team is actually insane. 8-10 point spreads are pretty rare in the NFL unless it's like the Ravens vs. Panthers. The broncos getting that level of respect just shows how much Vegas thinks we stink 

15 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Denver open up at 4 it's now 7.5

Bettors know what's up

So basically for me to win money on the Denver game they would need to beat the Panthers by more than 7.5 points correct? Forgive me, im not very hip to gambling and how it all works. My biggest gamble of my life was sleeping with a chick that had been passed around to all my meat head buddies the entire school year back in college. I knew those nasty blokes had to have something or she herself but played my odds and turned out I won that gamble as a young buck. I was healthy as can be without a drip. Figure I should try my luck again with this money thing and see if it carries over. Where does one place bets at online?

50 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

So basically for me to win money on the Denver game they would need to beat the Panthers by more than 7.5 points correct? Forgive me, im not very hip to gambling and how it all works. My biggest gamble of my life was sleeping with a chick that had been passed around to all my meat head buddies the entire school year back in college. I knew those nasty blokes had to have something or she herself but played my odds and turned out I won that gamble as a young buck. I was healthy as can be without a drip. Figure I should try my luck again with this money thing and see if it carries over. Where does one place bets at online?

You need an app like bet MGM or Fanduel.

The Moneyline bet is a straight win bet and those are the safest because there’s no numbers involved other than wins or losses. Getting into a spread bet and over under bet is more risky but pays better. You could take the Panthers at +8 meaning you think they cover the spread and the Broncos only win by 7 or less. 

• Beer 1