• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walterfootball says this Panthers team might be the WORST team of ALL TIME

How bad are these Panthers?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. title

• They are the worst team of all time
    • One of the worst teams of all time
    • They aren't that bad

Texted my buddies this, but as envious as I am of David Tepper's money, I am not envious of his job in fixing this mess.  

Everything is so bad, it's impossible to get a good evaluation of anything. I'm glad we won a game but this is one of the worst teams I've ever seen. We have multiple position groups that have 1 or less players that should even be back end NFL guys. Mix in the injuries and it's just a whole lot of bad. 

I'm not defending Canales, but I'm not sure we can evaluate his coaching at all. Evero has proved it under multiple staffs, but is failing miserably here this year. There's only one common denominator left. 

7 minutes ago, ImfromClayton said:

I'm not defending Canales, but I'm not sure we can evaluate his coaching at all. Evero has proved it under multiple staffs, but is failing miserably here this year. There's only one common denominator left. 

I still contend you can't give Canales a total pass.  D? Sure.  Winning? Sure. 

Specifically, his O.  It should be evaluated to a large degree.  He has a good to great OL.  He has a vet QB.  He has decent skill talent.  And it's no better than Frank's horrific O.  That's a massive red flag on Canales.  The offensive coach. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just winning a game doesn’t take this team out of that conversation. It’s one of the least competitive teams I’ve seen at a professional level. Normally the talent gap is smaller once you’re a pro franchise but in this case there’s a very wide margin. Mariota ran wild on the defense yesterday and he’s at best a journeyman backup.

• Pie 1

Evero has destroyed many careers. Hackett and Wilson are glad to get away from him. They put on a good game to watch Sunday night.

The Teppers definitely like projects and luxury draft picks. They're determined to reinvent the game with college coaches, tiny QBs, injured college players, and players performing out of position. The analytics have been skewed. The algos are tainted. The superprocessor is melting down.

The Panthers are Frankenstein's monster. When was the last time the coaches, GM, scouting, and owners actually agreed on the same philosophy?

This is a farm team for the NFL and a stepping stone for careers and contracts.