• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper got fooled again

mc52beast

44 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Lmao what

What were you honestly expecting ANOTHER new coach to accomplish with no talent at qb and not much else at other positions in his first year here? Its basically rinse and repeat. The bar couldn't have been set that high. 

9 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

ITS really hard to evaluate Canales with this current roster. Cmon man

Offensively? We should be able to evaluate him with the highest paid OL in the NFL, a good RB, Vet QB, and okay WRs. 

we have become no different than Frank with a horrific OL, bad rookie QB and worse WRs. 

D and winning? Sure, he gets a pass on that.  But not the O

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Offensively? We should be able to evaluate him with the highest paid OL in the NFL, a good RB, Vet QB, and okay WRs. 

we have become no different than Frank with a horrific OL, bad rookie QB and worse WRs. 

D and winning? Sure, he gets a pass on that.  But not the O

Bryce clearly regressed from last year. Dalton seems to be getting progressively worse week after week. Play calling and play design leave a lot to be desired.

Yeah, roster sucks, blah blah blah, but still a lot of signs pointing to DC being a "this is the only guy who would accept the job" type of hire.

Cmon no one can possibly know what Canales is or is not. I just listened to the post game and the guy has to sit up there and pretend there is a solution. You know what he wants to say is I can't make lemonade from oranges. If you take me and a few of the posters and put us on the field no matter how much coaching you do we can't be fixed to compete.

We friggin replaced 6 out of our 53 ten days before the opener. No one saw that as a red flag? Who ever it is that is responsible for building the roster is to blame.

2 hours ago, LelouchBritannia said:

Where are the people singing Evero's praises. Worst defense in NFL HISTORY and people want to keep this bum.

I mean but let's be honest the defense was gutted and the players have given up. It's not fully on Evero. 

I'd like to see him for at least one more year before we throw the towel in on him. Rhule at least got that. 

I know it makes ZERO sense, but I swear if we just went back to 4-3 with a tough front 7 and ran the ball downhill, we would be decent again. I'm tired of all these crazy changes and "cutting edge" ideas. The Panthers are only good when we run the ball and have a good DL. Fox and Rivera figured it out, and Wilks was going the same path. I guess thats just who we are.

1 hour ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Bryce clearly regressed from last year. Dalton seems to be getting progressively worse week after week. Play calling and play design leave a lot to be desired.

Yeah, roster sucks, blah blah blah, but still a lot of signs pointing to DC being a "this is the only guy who would accept the job" type of hire.

I think Dalton is getting tired. 

It was fun coming back after sitting so long, now reality is setting in and a rocking chair on a front porch seems nice. 

I'm all for throwing Plummer out there the rest of the season tbh.

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

They have to give Canales multiple seasons to right the ship. Nothing will ever change getting a new coach every year. Give him a chance to get some talent and grow as a head coach. 

Canales needs a chance to select the QB to run his offense. If Tepper fire Canales after only 1 season after forcing a trash QB room on him, he might as well just drop his unexpectedly cheap pants and take a sh*t on the Panthers logo at the 50 yard line.

Just now, ProcessBlue2 said:

I think Dalton is getting tired. 

It was fun coming back after sitting so long, now reality is setting in and a rocking chair on a front porch seems nice. 

I'm all for throwing Plummer out there the rest of the season tbh.

After the Raiders game I wondered how many games Dalton could play before he had a noticeable dropoff in play quality. We've seen him get worse every subsequent game. 

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

After the Raiders game I wondered how many games Dalton could play before he had a noticeable dropoff in play quality. We've seen him get worse every subsequent game. 

I think the Raiders game was just exciting for him and then the licks started coming. Plus it's about what you expect from a 37 year old vet with an average career. 

Andy is perfect right now to win a game or two as a back up. He's definitely better than Bryce but he's probably not coming back next year, I wouldn't be shocked if he retires.

3 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I think the Raiders game was just exciting for him and then the licks started coming. Plus it's about what you expect from a 37 year old vet with an average career. 

Andy is perfect right now to win a game or two as a back up. He's definitely better than Bryce but he's probably not coming back next year, I wouldn't be shocked if he retires.

I could see him retiring too. I wonder if he ends up being a QB coach.