• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper got fooled again

mc52beast

Vrabel

Harbaugh

Quinn

and I guess you could add Belichek

All established coaches without a job.  two actually reached out to interview but no, no man this is what we get.  Dave do me a favor keep your wife out of football affairs and how about you do the same because this is fuging embarrassing.  What the fug is she doing talking to a head coach candidate about breaking down film?  fuging clownshow is what we are

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-owner-nicole-tepper-talk-190513968.html

“I think he was breaking down film in the second interview process, and I did not want it to stop,” Tepper said. “Like, I wanted him to keep going. I wanted to listen more. I would’ve sat down and talked film with him, or listen to him break down film, for hours.”

Harbaugh is possibly the only way this team would've gotten turned around. 

Tepper was too big of an egomaniac to even listen to Harbaugh, who is crazy enough to have probably wanted this job. 

Only way this team gets fixed at this point is pure dumb ass luck. 

Moral of the story, Tepper gives a long leash to rookie HCs because they need time, but cans a veteran HC that doesn't have us a playoff contender by mid-season year 1 with a rookie QB.

Does everyone got that?  If not, you aren't following Tepper logic.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Moral of the story, Tepper gives a long leash to rookie HCs because they need time, but cans a veteran HC that doesn't have us a playoff contender by mid-season year 1 with a rookie QB.

Does everyone got that?  If not, you aren't following Tepper logic.

who coincidentally wanted to bench said rookie kindof like the first year head coach did.  Interesting

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Deltek44 said:

Cmon no one can possibly know what Canales is or is not. I just listened to the post game and the guy has to sit up there and pretend there is a solution. You know what he wants to say is I can't make lemonade from oranges. If you take me and a few of the posters and put us on the field no matter how much coaching you do we can't be fixed to compete.

We friggin replaced 6 out of our 53 ten days before the opener. No one saw that as a red flag? Who ever it is that is responsible for building the roster is to blame.

Boy, do I have some bad news for you!!

33 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Vrabel

Harbaugh

Quinn

and I guess you could add Belichek

All established coaches without a job.  two actually reached out to interview but no, no man this is what we get.  Dave do me a favor keep your wife out of football affairs and how about you do the same because this is fuging embarrassing.  What the fug is she doing talking to a head coach candidate about breaking down film?  fuging clownshow is what we are

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-owner-nicole-tepper-talk-190513968.html

“I think he was breaking down film in the second interview process, and I did not want it to stop,” Tepper said. “Like, I wanted him to keep going. I wanted to listen more. I would’ve sat down and talked film with him, or listen to him break down film, for hours.”

I would have taken any of those guys over Canales.  Canales wasn't ready, period, here or anywhere else.  I get the high energy, but we don't need a Cheerleader-in-Chief, we need grit.  The team would probably get it's arse kicked by a high school girls flag football team.

For a team of a bunch of dawgs, they got the mentality of newborn pups. 

Dog What GIF

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

who coincidentally wanted to bench said rookie kindof like the first year head coach did.  Interesting

Correct.  If you don't understand that train of logic, well then, that's the reason you aren't a billionaire hedge fund manager.  Me either, lol.

• Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

Correct.  If you don't understand that train of logic, well then, that's the reason you aren't a billionaire hedge fund manager.  Me either, lol.

we are reminded all the time in today's society.....that just because people have acquired lots of money or hold positions of power/prominance.....that alone, doesn't equate to them being universally smart people.

• Pie 2

Well, as was said when he was hired, he was probably a year too early.  So there will be plenty of growing pains for Canales.  What's the next option?  You really can't fire him.  You'll just be more of a laughing stock.  

Instead, we have to embrace the suck right now.  I'd run the ball 30 times a game, even if we're down 50-0.  That's our best offensive plan right now.  Run the ball.  Do that well, then you shorten the game.  At a minimum you lower their points from 40 to 30, an improvement =P

What's going on with the Defense?  That's what I want to know first.  I expected a step down after losing Luvu, Burns and then Brown to injury.  But this is just embarrassing.  I know we're dealing with worse than replacement level players it seems, but these guys just don't have the heart.  

That's going to be Canales' greatest challenge this season: find the heart of the team.  As they say, the strongest steel is forged in the fires of a dumpster.  Find those good ingots of steel, purge the rest.

I think it's time to sell it off - trade everyone over age 28, sign rookies off the street.  I mean, we already suck horribly, how much worse can it get?  If guys are making business decisions, go ahead and make some yourself.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Well, as was said when he was hired, he was probably a year too early.  So there will be plenty of growing pains for Canales.  What's the next option?  You really can't fire him.  You'll just be more of a laughing stock.  

Instead, we have to embrace the suck right now.  I'd run the ball 30 times a game, even if we're down 50-0.  That's our best offensive plan right now.  Run the ball.  Do that well, then you shorten the game.  At a minimum you lower their points from 40 to 30, an improvement =P

What's going on with the Defense?  That's what I want to know first.  I expected a step down after losing Luvu, Burns and then Brown to injury.  But this is just embarrassing.  I know we're dealing with worse than replacement level players it seems, but these guys just don't have the heart.  

That's going to be Canales' greatest challenge this season: find the heart of the team.  As they say, the strongest steel is forged in the fires of a dumpster.  Find those good ingots of steel, purge the rest.

I think it's time to sell it off - trade everyone over age 28, sign rookies off the street.  I mean, we already suck horribly, how much worse can it get?  If guys are making business decisions, go ahead and make some yourself.

First off, I don't think anyone is calling for Canales to be fired.  He's either going to grow into the position or not, but I think he gets 3 years minimum.

I'm not going to delve into what is wrong with the team, I don't have all day nor do I want blisters on me fingers from all the typing.

Moving on to your last point...I know people are sick of us trading guys, but you are correct, there needs to be a fire sale.  We need to dump as much cap as possible, get younger and hoard as many draft picks as we can.  Next year should be a real, honest to goodness REBUILD.  Not a retool, not a tweak, not build on the fly, but a REAL rebuild. 

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, PanthersNCSU said:

Harbaugh is possibly the only way this team would've gotten turned around. 

Tepper was too big of an egomaniac to even listen to Harbaugh, who is crazy enough to have probably wanted this job. 

Only way this team gets fixed at this point is pure dumb ass luck. 

Thats who I wanted. Sometimes you have to kick a little azz to make things run right. - Moe Green

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, d-dave said:

firing Canales doesn't make us more of a laughing stock.   Tepper fired his soccer HC every season.  No one is laughing at them now.  No one laughs when you do something and it actually works. 

Canales has to still earn the right to be employed as the HC.  He is showing literally nothing right now.  His O performance is inexcusable.   He has to turn that around to some degree.  You can't just give time for the sake for time when someone does nothing to deserve it.   So he has to improve to earn normal time/opportunity.   

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Frank9999 said:

Theres nothing magical about anything that *only* makes them good when they do certain things. Its all about your personnel and that dictates what you do

Oh I know. It just feels that way. Probably because the only times we have ever been decent was when we operated that way.

He isn't fooled. He just likes guys who are terrible or not ready for thr gig, too soon or too late. He has a thing for being sold and he keeps getting sold bags of poop. He has zero idea of how any of this should be run and his input is even worse than the people he hires.

He didn't hire help with the GM hire who he promoted be cause they liked him after a disastrous year of terrible work and he stacked the HC hire with Caldwell while ending up with the GMs friend. All while keeping the weird and unearned Seahawks pipeline open for whatever mysterious reason. That's not being fooled but being a fool.