• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper got fooled again

mc52beast

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Canales isn't the problem. I'm not sold he's part of the solution either, but he isn't the root of the problem. We're paying for 5 years of shitty ownership that has resulted in the worst roster in the NFL.

and Dan Morgan here now for 3 1/2 years making personnel decisions.  Why itf was he kept after fitterer was shitcanned ?

3 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Dude had to have the hottest college coach and got taken to the cleaners

Decided to go old school and hire a veteran head coach, fired him mid-season

Hears the talk about Canales being some exotic QB whisperer who took careers on life support and turned them into stars. Canales The Whisperer has showed absolutely nothing with both Bryce and Dalton. We very well could be introducing a new coach soon. 

Canales is not getting fired this season at least I don't believe. If he keeps firing coaches nobody at all will want to come here. Who do you like as far as a coach goes?

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I think Dalton is getting tired. 

It was fun coming back after sitting so long, now reality is setting in and a rocking chair on a front porch seems nice. 

I'm all for throwing Plummer out there the rest of the season tbh.

definitely feels like he has that "you're paying me to be a backup, not the starter" energy

I gave up last week, went golfing in the beautiful 80 degree weather today. Seeing the score 34-0 on your phone is actually not even frustrating, why torture yourself by watching? Not trying to be dramatic but would you willingly stick around such an abusive relationship when there is nothing stopping you from doing something else?

• Pie 1

hey  Canales is a super nice guy & has a good vibe about him & so I  can kind of  understand if your really down & out bringing a big personalitylike his on board in ordler to lift team spirits makes sense from that perspective .however at the end of the day there was a reason no other team in the NFL showed any interests in hiring Canales as a head coach & that's simply because he was never actually qualified at this stage of his carrer to become an NFL Head Coach in the first pĺace ...just saying l

,& as far as the whole fixing Bryce Young fiasco is concerned well if anything Bryce Young looks to have regressed instead of progress in his development & I am not so sure if Bryce Young is even fixable 

Edited by bandu

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I don't even care anymore.

Pretty much where I am. I've basically reverted back to my pre-Peppers days when I had casual interest in the Panthers as the local team but there was just nothing there to draw me in and truly make me a fan and I was really more of just a general NFL fan watching the best game on at the time. Tepper has stripped away everything I loved about the Panthers. There's just nothing left. Like if you asked me my favorite current player I wouldn't even have an answer. Couldn't name the majority of the position coaches. Hell, probably couldn't name half the roster. I watched the Chiefs and Niners today during our time slot and I'm glad I did.

I know it's not of popular opinion but at this time you cannot continue to dwell in & on  the problem any longer.no absolutely not  you have to get in the solution at the end of this season & you must set aside any emotional connection you have with this front office & current coaching staff .for years now & still this team is the worst team in the NFL showing no improvement not by accident

you have to  hire a brand new GM put him in  charge of everything football related & i mean literally  everything & then GTFO out of the way as he brings in his own personal hand picked scouting department & hires his own coach & drafts the Qb of the future & most importantly creates an entirely brand new culture in Charlotte

or keep what we are currently doing & accepting a different result...just saying 

Edited by bandu

No high end HC candidate was ever going to seriously consider us, we were always only going to be looking at re-tread HC's who no other team would give another shot to or the young guys who weren't ready for it yet and saw it as their chance to jump the line

Most of the pieces on this team were bad coming into the season and there's been a ton of injuries on top, I don't really blame Canales much.  At worst he's going to set up a better culture in the locker room with his up beat attitude and it will get it in a better place for the next HC after Canales is dumped following next season.

That's another reason I'm against drafting a QB this year, we can't fire Canales after 1 year (as NOBODY would want that job).  Give him year 2 with a gap starter or young current backup (my vote is Hooker from the Lions) to see if he can do anything, if not we get a new HC with a Top 10 pick to choose his own QB.

9 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It took them getting blown out but the eagles 44-6 before they tied the Steelers and winning 3 games in November and December. That plus there were murmurs of firing Campbell in 2022 when they started 1-6. It’s ok to admit that we aren’t in a good place now and wait and see.

I don't know if iCanales is good or not yet. I'm not even certain it's possible to know.

The organization is just awful right now, and I'm not sure it gets any better without a full factory reset.

I've laid out what that means numerous times, but I don't know that we're any closer to such a thing happening.

We are never going to rebuild this team if we don't give those that we hire a chance to get things done. You can say they suck, or they were only hired because they are the only ones we could get.  I think Morgan is doing OK.  I think we have to give them time to get things right.  

I know this team may go down as one of the worst teams in NFL history, but we have to hit bottom before we can go up.  We have to give Morgan and Canales time to get things right.  

Offensively, we need a couple more players but at least we have a good offensive line.   Defensively we have some pieces, It doesn't help that our entire defensive line and linebackers are all injured or at least the majority of them. It is also not the coaches fault that they are injured.   

Hopefully, we get some more good picks and become at least competitive next year.

9 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I'd like to see him for at least one more year before we throw the towel in on him. Rhule at least got that. 

I know it makes ZERO sense, but I swear if we just went back to 4-3 with a tough front 7 and ran the ball downhill, we would be decent again. I'm tired of all these crazy changes and "cutting edge" ideas. The Panthers are only good when we run the ball and have a good DL. Fox and Rivera figured it out, and Wilks was going the same path. I guess thats just who we are.

Theres nothing magical about anything that *only* makes them good when they do certain things. Its all about your personnel and that dictates what you do