• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper got fooled again

mc52beast

2 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Of all the problems we have on the field, Canales isn't the issue (as of right now)

He's not the one throwing interceptions or missing routes/catches/tackles

I haven't seen the best coaching or play calling either. I am skeptical that he's creative or situational. I just haven't seen any flashes. I have seen him try to get cute on occasion. For instance, why in the world would you use Miles Sanders as a third-down back and run the damned ball between the tackles. You should be letting Chuba do his thing.

37 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Dude had to have the hottest college coach and got taken to the cleaners

Decided to go old school and hire a veteran head coach, fired him mid-season

Hears the talk about Canales being some exotic QB whisperer who took careers on life support and turned them into stars. Canales The Whisperer has showed absolutely nothing with both Bryce and Dalton. We very well could be introducing a new coach soon. 

Canales took the job because he was probably the most qualified of those that would work for Tepper. But that's still trying to have a quality steak dinner from the Golden Corral buffet. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, csx said:

Looking at our roster and attributing the blame to Canakes is odd.

He had absolutely no input in us investing 150 million dollars into two OL signings and trading up to draft offense with the first 2 picks one of which was an already injured running back?

The cupboards are bare in part because of decisions Morgan and Canales have made. That cannot be understated.

It's like standing in a house that's on fire and you set the fire but you're screaming who did this.

Basically:

suspect-guilty.gif.c90e7a85b79a671b4fc31b30bd6ecaa9.gif

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

They said the same thing about Dan Campbell in 2021. You can’t poo on the owner for being too impatient than turn around and be impatient.

We aren’t the 2021 Lions.  They will have won more games in the end and they were more  competitive losses.  And they had an energy and belief about them. 

outside of a Raiders game that made know sense, we have been getting out doors blown off by everyone.  Lifeless.  No energy.  No belief. 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

We aren’t the 2021 Lions.  They will have won more games in the end and they were more  competitive losses.  And they had an energy and belief about them. 

outside of a Raiders game that made know sense, we have been getting out doors blown off by everyone.  Lifeless.  No energy.  No belief. 

It took them getting blown out but the eagles 44-6 before they tied the Steelers and winning 3 games in November and December. That plus there were murmurs of firing Campbell in 2022 when they started 1-6. It’s ok to admit that we aren’t in a good place now and wait and see.

Edited by Panthercougar68

The common theme to all the sucking is David Tepper. Coaches have changed. GMs have changed. QBs have changed. Nearly the entire roster has turned over. Entire coaching staffs and front offices have turned over. The constant is David Tepper. He is the spring from which all of this sucks flows.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The common theme to all the sucking is David Tepper. Coaches have changed. GMs have changed. QBs have changed. Nearly the entire roster has turned over. Entire coaching staffs and front offices have turned over. The constant is David Tepper. He is the spring from which all of this sucks flows.

Cosplay GMs Dave and Nicole.

Cashing those shared revenue checks every fuging week.  

26 minutes ago, csx said:

Looking at our roster and attributing the blame to Canakes is odd.

Yea its kinda of hard to evaluate him but I think hes just not ready to do with a situation like this 

Edited by Frank9999

22 minutes ago, frankw said:

He had absolutely no input in us investing 150 million dollars into two OL signings and trading up to draft offense with the first 2 picks one of which was an already injured running back?

The cupboards are bare in part because of decisions Morgan and Canales have made. That cannot be understated.

It's like standing in a house that's on fire and you set the fire but you're screaming who did this.

Basically:

suspect-guilty.gif.c90e7a85b79a671b4fc31b30bd6ecaa9.gif

Canales had a lot of input in the draft.

"Wednesday afternoon, Canales was running through draft scenarios.

Having the extra minicamp afforded to new coaches is a benefit as he begins installing a new system, but it also requires a bit of mental gymnastics to separate the on-field work and the preparation for the draft that begins Thursday night.

"The early part of the morning, working all the way through the weight room and into the meetings, I really have to be locked in on the scheme and the flow of what we're doing," Canales said. "Shortly after this meeting, I'll grab lunch and then I got like snap my brain back into draft mode. And it really is cool, though, to see to be out there on the field right now to see plays happening, to imagine different players in the draft and how they would fit in with the actual bodies and the guys that we have there.

"So I think that's a cool exercise, for Dan (Morgan) and the scouts who are out there watching practice for the coaches and all of us as we go through the evaluation piece, to then now shift into the afternoon with all of that film on our minds."

https://www.panthers.com/news/minicamp-notebook-dave-canales-balancing-practice-reps-and-nfl-draft-prep

He also had input on the O-line

"Inside out, let us get our football right," Canales said when asked about signing Hunt away from the Dolphins. "Let's build this thing inside out. He was priority number one in free agency to say, OK, we're going to have an attitude about how we play football.

"How do you show toughness? How do you show attitude? You run the football. So go get the best guard in football. To me, people talk about (49ers left tackle) Trent Williams as a tackle; you talk about Robert Hunt as a guard. This is a guy who's got the attitude. He's got the size, the athleticism. It's the whole package to be able to build our run game, to build the mentality of our offense. Starting with him up front was a huge get for us."

https://www.panthers.com/news/notebook-canales-likes-new-look-offensive-line-robert-hunt-austin-corbett

They all get blame, but the buck stops with Tepper. No one put a gun to his head and forced him to hire a part of a failed regime.

Edited by TD alt