• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prepare your mind for Bryce's return. Dalton is bad.

TD alt

18 hours ago, TD alt said:

I will listen to that, but you're not gonna tell me or at least intimate (like you have before), please, that the Derek Carr's of the world will ultimately lead us to where we want to go. There is some risk in getting on that retread treadmill. 

Yeah after cutting my teeth as a fan in the fox years I just want to give up and never draft a QB or TE like old times 

10 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

How many times does Canales gotta come out after every game and reinforce his commitment to dalton for people to realize bryce is not his guy?? Lol

well, if Dalton continues as he has been the past couple weeks...Canales is going to keep getting asked about it.  How do you not ask if you are a reporter? 

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

well, if Dalton continues as he has been the past couple weeks...Canales is going to keep getting asked about it.  How do you not ask if you are a reporter? 

Its not about the reporters asking, it's about the same answer he keeps giving and how he feels about bryce. 

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Its not about the reporters asking, it's about the same answer he keeps giving and how he feels about bryce. 

well, he is the dude the went into the season with Bryce #1.....and no legit talent or competition added to the roster.   He could of added a legit 3rd QB that could of pushed Dalton potentially out of the way if he wasn't a believer.   He opted not to. 

Reality is Bryce was worse under Canales than Frank.....and Canales had a substanially better setup than Frank.   and now Dalton is playing like Bryce despite again, being in a much better setup. 

Canales should be pressed IMO about the O.  I've said I'll give him a pass on the D and actually winning.  But this joke O falls on him to a large degree.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

next up is the #3 D in both yards and points allowed.  Fantasy guys better pick up the Broncos. 

if you got bench room probably best to pickup a week in advance going forward.   All are worthy flier options. 

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, he is the dude the went into the season with Bryce #1.....and no legit talent or competition added to the roster.   He could of added a legit 3rd QB that could of pushed Dalton potentially out of the way if he wasn't a believer.   He opted not to. 

Reality is Bryce was worse under Canales than Frank.....and Canales had a substanially better setup than Frank.   and now Dalton is playing like Bryce despite again, being in a much better setup. 

Canales should be pressed IMO about the O.  I've said I'll give him a pass on the D and actually winning.  But this joke O falls on him to a large degree.   

He is the dude that went into the season with Bryce as he no.1? So hold on a second...you HONESTLY think he had a choice in that? Wasnt him fixing bryce apart of him getting hired? Cmon...I know you are smarter than that. Furthermore,  what qb was on the market that could even beat out Andy dalton you put it that 3rd spot? Good qbs aren't sitting at home CRA.

Saying Bryce was better under Frank REALLY REALLY REALLY isn't saying much. And you are talking about over the course of 17 games. Over 50% of bryces stats came in garbage time or in the second half with hardly any points scored. It was no different under canales, that "incredible" green bay game didn't happen till towards the end of the season. We are coming up on the half way point to the season with Dalton as starter, we get moton and theilen back,  maybe Brooks plays...I dont think its set that Dalton is bryce level bad from hear on out. 

Far as Canales goes, yes he should take responsibility for the offense looking trash recently. And Dalton for the turnovers.... not gonna disagree on that.  My point is that there is a much worse scenario out there and he probably feels that would involve playing bryce. He doesn't want that. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 1

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

He is the dude that went into the season with Bryce as he no.1? So hold on a second...you HONESTLY think he had a choice in that? Wasnt him fixing bryce apart of him getting hired? Cmon...I know you are smarter than that. Furthermore,  what qb was on the market that could even beat out Andy dalton you put it that 3rd spot? Good qbs aren't sitting at home CRA.

Saying Bryce was good under Frank REALLY REALLY REALLY isn't saying much. And you are talking about over the course of 17 games. Over 50% of bryces stats came in garbage time or in the second half with hardly any points scored. It was no different under canales, that "incredible" green bay game didn't happen till towards the end of the season. We are coming up on the half way point to the season with Dalton as starter, we get moton and theilen back,  maybe Brooks plays...I dont think its set that Dalton is bryce level bad from hear on out. 

Far as Canales goes, yes he should take responsibility for the offense looking trash recently. And Dalton for the turnovers.... not gonna disagree on that.  My point is that there is a much worse scenario out there and he probably feels that would involve playing bryce. He doesn't want that. 

I mean, most post addressed it.  he had a choice in bringing in some competition that could of challenged Andy Dalton for when the QB he didn't believe in failed.  He opted not to do that. 

He put little effort into fixing Bryce and it went horrific.  So let's assume he knew he would be benching Bryce.....well, he had opted not to add other QBs.  Who he could of been playing all preseason to take Dalton's 2 spot.  Then or now. 

I didn't say Bryce was good under Frank.  I said Bryce was better under Frank than Canales and that is saying something....given the HUUUGGGGEEEEE difference in talent around the QBs.  Specifically OL. 

I'm cool with him not playing Bryce.  I think once again, the plan for this season was complete dogwater.  And we are seeing that.  And I think Canales and Morgan both should be taking legit heat for it.  Especially given Bryce was sacked week 2 (which again, I am cool with that in a vaccum).   Not cool with their plan and now the results. 

we straight up wasting money too.  All that cash on the OL.  We ain't developing diddly.   Anywhere. 

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

His answer from today seems to be changing, its the same wishy washy rainbow ice cream coach speak but he is trying to phrase things differently ie trading bryce

• Pie 1

It looks like they went out and got the Young of HCs to pair with him. Even the Bucs are doing much better without him. The game yesterday was so poorly coached. It's time to burn it all down. One and done is becoming a viable and justifiable option.