• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prepare your mind for Bryce's return. Dalton is bad.

TD alt

I would say start Bryce but he actually threw for negative yardage today.

Andy can at least function so the WRs (and Sanders) get experience. 

Start Plummer its a win-win.

Tank crowd gets their pick, and we get to see if he can develop into anything more than a bag of chips.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, TD alt said:

"Long term solution" is a matter of definition, but that aside...I don't know that we're in a position to be skipping the opportunity to draft a franchise guy, especially when it looks increasingly like we're going to have the number one pick (shout-out to @MHS831 & @LinvilleGorge), but I will accept trading down for a haul if it's established that no QB is worth a swing. I just don't see that, but it could happen. That being said, at the end of the day, I don't see this draft as different than any other as far as QBs are concerned. We won't know who's next year's flavor of ice cream until next year. I'm not buying into name hype. I've seen too many QBs fail, and some surprises succeed. Moreover, we have to realize that playing the draft game based upon a certain year's proposed stock could mean that you're very likely to be in a position where you must trade valuable draft capital to move up. I don't like that either. If we're at one and there is someone there with great potential, we don't have to move up and we keep all of our picks.

Most of what I'm hearing says that there aren't any true "franchise guys" in this year's draft.

Mind you, I've watched very little college football this yeR so I'm only going by expert opinions.

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

if panthers are smart, they would keep him on the bench rather than play him and decrease whatever trade value he may have.

We can keep him on the bench all we want we aren't fooling anyone. This guy came in during garbage time and threw for negative yardage. Threw behind the line of scrimmage on third down trailing 33 points. Teams see.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 4

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Most of what I'm hearing says that there aren't any true "franchise guys" in this year's draft.

Mind you, I've watched very little college football this yeR so I'm only going by expert opinions.

that means there’s probably a hall of fame QB in next years class the way “expert opinions” have been going

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, TD alt said:

I will listen to that, but you're not gonna tell me or at least intimate (like you have before), please, that the Derek Carr's of the world will ultimately lead us to where we want to go. There is some risk in getting on that retread treadmill. 

And please no Gardner Minshew. His name always comes up and he is garbage truck juice!

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Dude put up some numbers against a bad Vegas team and everyone was calling him the savior. I kept telling yall he hasn’t had a winning season since 2015 and once teams got tape on him and our offense he would be toast.

I posted in here the same stuff. His record for the past decade was terrible. I remember saying he’s still Dalton. He was serviceable a long time ago with some prime WRs and a decent team. He’s not anymore. We likely will finish worse than last year after all the “additions” and benching Young. That’s miserable.

Dalton hasn't been doing well since we lost our center. Amazing how important that one guy is.

Dalton is a veteran back up QB at this point in his career and as that, couldn't ask for much more from the guy. He can perform and give the rest of the offense a chance to compete more than harm them.

He can't do a darned thing to help the defense when they are out there, though.

Yeah, he's not the long term answer, but he should be perfectly capable for the role he was intended for. If we can get someone as QB1 and a decent Center in front of him.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Denver is ranked 5th in total defense, 5th in pass defense, and 2nd in sacks. 

If you want to see how bad Bryce really is, this is the game.

We have all seen that already. The only people questioning it still are those who just don't want to believe it.

All we can do is wait to see if there is one believer running a team out there to trade with. Having to play him much more will just result in having to bring him into camp next year and hopefully make him a cut to get to 53.