• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Again it has to be asked; why the hell is Ian Thomas still on this team

mc52beast

20 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

He’s supposed to be a good blocking tight end but whiffed twice in a row on short yardage that caused a turnover. 

But my favorite was him catching a pass in the flat, having an open field with a DB who is 5”10, 183 points between him and huge gain. Again, Ian Thomas is 6”4 and 260. And the DB casually tackles him like it was easy as tying his shoes.

"Tackled him" is putting it mildly. He put the Madden hit stick on him. Back in the day he would've been on the ESPN "jacked up" segment. And yeah, that DB was giving up about 6" and 80 pounds. It was fuging humiliating. A lightweight clean KOing a heavyweight.

• Pie 1

He's completely useless, it's like playing 10 vs 11 with him out there.

But he's one of those "nice guys", friendly and personable. Likeable guy around the building and nobody wants to be the bad guy that kicks him to the curb. So he just gets to hang around forever even though he's useless.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bryce ends up in the same situation.

Don't blame me, I wanted Dallas Goedert in that 2018 draft, who now has 22 TDs and nearly 4000 receiving yards in his career, btw.  Thomas barely has 1000 yards and 4 TDs in that same span.  A third of those yards and half of his TDs come in his rookie season.   So in a little over 5 seasons later, dude has amassed a whopping 600 yards and 2 TDs.

• Pie 1

Was he the one that missed the block on that 4th and 1 we went for. Just lets the guy go past him in the right side of the line? I saw the highlight but I could not see the jersey number. When I saw it I was just floored... how did he not even see the guy in front of him or even lay a hand on him?

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Dragoon11 said:

Was he the one that missed the block on that 4th and 1 we went for. Just lets the guy go past him in the right side of the line? I saw the highlight but I could not see the jersey number. When I saw it I was just floored... how did he not even see the guy in front of him or even lay a hand on him?

Yes. Look for number 80 and you will see how bad he is.

17 hours ago, rayzor said:

Said it somewhere else, he's a bigger problem in than Tepper.

He is our black cat.

He is a demon that must be exorcised.

He is a tumor that must be excised.

You know what? You might actually be on to something.

Since 2018, we have the worst record in the NFL.

What year was Thomas drafted?

I anticipate the team getting a meteoric boost once he is gone.

• Pie 2

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

You know what? You might actually be on to something.

Since 2018, we have the worst record in the NFL.

What year was Thomas drafted?

I anticipate the team getting a meteoric boost once he is gone.

and when was thomas reactivated? could it be that his getting back on the active roster coincided with the level of suck we have now? i think so. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Dragoon11 said:

He actually whiffed on back to back plays on both third and fourth down. 

Then there was the awful route he ran last week on the INT that sealed the game where he said he didn’t realize that shutdown corner AJ Terrell was fast enough to jump the route 😳

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Dragoon11 said:

why would you design that play....and ask Ian Thomas to be the key block?  That's a better question.