• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold Vikings

ThPantherFan

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sam seems like a legit good dude but I don't see him ever leading a team that's contends for a SB but hell, I'm kinda rooting for him to prove me wrong just because I know it would chap Tepper's ass and further embarrass him. LOL

Great point

7 hours ago, frankw said:

Wilks isn't coaching in the NFL.

Wilks bread and butter was a strong run game and an opportunistic defense.

Against the Commanders we could not move the ball on a 4th and 1 after investing $150 million in the interior of our OL.

We would still be getting our asses handed to us with Wilks coaching. Please end this automatic cope reflex already.

Wilks wouldn't have had Luvu and Chinn run away like they did with Evero. The 34 no pressure defense wouldn't be here. The score wouldn't be 0-30 at the half. Wilks knows how to call a defensive game and prepare a team even with scrubs like he had in Arizona/Rosen 2018, Cleveland 2019/Mayfield and Carolina/Walker 2022.

Wilks did out coach Ejiro Evero, Dave Canales, Dan Campbell, Dennis Allen, Todd Bowles, Arthur Smith, Mike Tomlin, Ron Rivera, Mike McCarthy, Dan Quinn, Matt LaFleur, Nick Sirianni, Johnathon Gannon, Pete Carroll, Shane Waldron, Brian Daboll, and Doug Pederson in 2022 and 2023.

How many SB winning HCs or coordinators is that?

Wilks has also been competitive against the last 2 SB winning HCs. Remind me of Evero's success in coaching the past 3 seasons as a DC? Thumped by Andy Reid and Sean McVay. Handled Arthur Smith and Pederson?

I'd go for a Canales and Wilks combo, but the Teppers may have burned that bridge. Wilks is still in Charlotte and I have no doubt he could walk in and improve the defense if they fired Evero tonight.

On 10/21/2024 at 8:32 AM, TLGPanthersFan said:

Darnold is who he is. The current situation reminds me of the Vikings a few year ago when they started a journeyman at QB and made it to the NFC Championship game. 
Then that player sucked when he left the team. Same thing with Foles when he left the Eagles. 
Darnold is “good” now. But we all know if he wasn’t in this perfect situation he would still be not good. 
When Darnold was here we said he needed a perfect team to be good and now he is on one that is perfect for him.

Foles is immediately who I thought of.

5 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Wilks wouldn't have had Luvu and Chinn run away like they did with Evero. The 34 no pressure defense wouldn't be here. The score wouldn't be 0-30 at the half. Wilks knows how to call a defensive game and prepare a team even with scrubs like he had in Arizona/Rosen 2018, Cleveland 2019/Mayfield and Carolina/Walker 2022.

Wilks did out coach Ejiro Evero, Dave Canales, Dan Campbell, Dennis Allen, Todd Bowles, Arthur Smith, Mike Tomlin, Ron Rivera, Mike McCarthy, Dan Quinn, Matt LaFleur, Nick Sirianni, Johnathon Gannon, Pete Carroll, Shane Waldron, Brian Daboll, and Doug Pederson in 2022 and 2023.

Wilks has also been competitive against the last 2 SB winning HCs. Remind me of Evero's success in coaching the past 3 seasons as a DC? Thumped by Andy Reid and Sean McVay. Handled Arthur Smith and Pederson?

I'd go for a Canales and Wilks combo, but the Teppers may have burned that bridge. Wilks is still in Charlotte and I have no doubt he could walk in and improve the defense if they fired Evero tonight.

AZ had the 26th ranked defense his only year as HC. Year before they were ranked 19th.

If any of what you said above were true he wouldn’t be unemployed right now

16 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Sir.

Steve Wilks football team was wiped off the field 35-0 by the Bengals by halftime and he had both a better defensive roster and the QB that the Buccaneers are now successfully competing in our division and the overall NFC with.

Idk how you guys don't tire of comparing failures. But my preference is turning the page. To each his own though.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Coheed said:

AZ had the 26th ranked defense his only year as HC. Year before they were ranked 19th.

If any of what you said above were true he wouldn’t be unemployed right now

It's facts. Here's another fact, Wilks is the last DC to lead the Panthers to the playoffs. He likely would have led the 2022 Panthers to the playoffs with a full offseason, or at the very least DJ Moore keeping his head in the Atlanta game.

53 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sir.

Steve Wilks football team was wiped off the field 35-0 by the Bengals by halftime and he had both a better defensive roster and the QB that the Buccaneers are now successfully competing in our division and the overall NFC with.

Idk how you guys don't tire of comparing failures. But my preference is turning the page. To each his own though.

I give you all of that success and you toss me ONE bad quarter of defense in all of Wilks' 20 games with the PJ to TMJ connection on offense? He had the same defensive roster that Evero made worse last season, and brought his own players in this season to improve it. Mayfield wanted out and was traded by Fitterer.

Are there people who still think Evero is better than Wilks and could have done better coming in midseason with PJ and Darnold? Evero wouldn’t win with Darnold, Purdy, Shanahan and the 49ers defense. They'd all leave to go play for Washington.