• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold Vikings

ThPantherFan

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think 80% of his passes go to Justin Jefferson, a RB or TE.   That’s probably the ideal Sam Darnold formula.  Think the Justin Jefferson piece is the key to the Sam puzzle.  If you don’t have JJ…I don’t think Sam works 

Sam has never been good at going through his progressions. He has one or two players he is gonna throw to and, dagnabit, he is gonna throw that ball to them even if a defender is covering them.  
JJ is just really really good at making it easy for Sam. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Haven't changed my avatar for 3 years. He was never the problem here, as the last 3 starting QBs and 4 head coaches have shown. 

I was 100% in favor of sticking with Sam and trying to build around him, but I knew this short-sighted fanbase would want to bail after 1 bad year. So I proposed starting Dam Sarnold who was just Darnold with Groucho Marx glasses. 

But no. We'll just keep spinning the roulette wheel every year on QBs and coaches. Eventually that strategy is sure to work. After all, the definition of sanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, right?

You think the fanbase is calling the shots on all these qb and coaching changes?  

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Is he fixed or is he just on a team that can make it easy for him and cover up his problem areas. 

I'd say that technically equals "fixing".

Bottom Line: He looks pretty good, and it's lasted more than four games 😐

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sounds more patched up than fixed. He is on a 1 year deal for 10 mil. Go ahead and sign him to a 30+ deal and cut some talent to make room for that contract and see it less patched up.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Darnold is Darnold. He hasn’t looked that good the last 2 weeks. In the playoffs he will meet defenses that will make him play outside his comfort zone if they make it. 
As I said before, the Vikings have the perfect team around Darnold. If he was on any other team he would be the same ole Darnold. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1