• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Miles Sanders available for trade

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Looks good.  I wouldn't mind having one, just not ready to make that move yet.  

10 years ago I thought they were not a smart choice. 

Now? I think if you have 2 cars in your family, one should be EV. Ive worked on cars and a "car" guy for many years. EVs just have less to worry about- no water, no spark plugs, no drive shaft, no oil changes, etc  etc. Unless you drive over 300 miles each, it makes better sense. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

10 years ago I thought they were not a smart choice. 

Now? I think if you have 2 cars in your family, one should be EV. Ive worked on cars and a "car" guy for many years. EVs just have less to worry about- no water, no spark plugs, no drive shaft, no oil changes, etc  etc. Unless you drive over 300 miles each, it makes better sense. 

Someone tboned my wife's car a few years ago just as the post Covid shut downs were ending.  It was paid off, so the other guys insurance cut us a big check.  We were going to get a Rav4 plug in hybrid, but it was a six month wait.  And she wanted the Rav, so we ended up going with the gas model.  Maybe next time, although I hope hers last 10-15 years.  

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Someone tboned my wife's car a few years ago just as the post Covid shut downs were ending.  It was paid off, so the other guys insurance cut us a big check.  We were going to get a Rav4 plug in hybrid, but it was a six month wait.  And she wanted the Rav, so we ended up going with the gas model.  Maybe next time, although I hope hers last 10-15 years.  

Sorry I know that feel, a paid off car wrecked, ugh..... I still miss my Buick. 

The current car market is beyond dumb, stay away. New and used is the most insane in history, guys were selling their used 2018 trucks for more than than paid new, Im talking with 100,000 on the dash. I sold some land and jumped in, heres tip for anyone listening. If you want the best bargain, gulp KIA came with winners at many levels. I was legit shocked. One thing the biden group did was offer 7,500 price break on EVs. I wanted Tesla, got over ruled and when with lyriq.   

I flew to maryland and pick it up.

I learned how to view inventory and watched it like a hawk, im sure there was a rav4 out there. They are good cars. I got a 2007 144,000 on it with bad paint. Still runs great and it handles like a go cart. It always wants to down shift with its touchy pedal. 

poor people in the future will not own cars.