• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers in the Market for a QB (again): 2025 Draft

MHS831

10 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Guarantee you Deon eventually tries to make a move to coach his kid in the NFL. Not sure if anyone will hire him as a head coach but I bet he tries. I think Shedur has had it very easy his whole life so I worry for how he will handle any adversity that comes along with being a rookie QB in the NFL. I hope he turns out great but his father being the helicopter dad and general a-hole he is could end up making it very tough on whatever team drafts him just in my opinion.

Idk much about Deions actual coaching skills. If he makes it to NFL coaching, he won’t be able to rely on recruiting players to the “cool” atmosphere of playing for him. Who knows 

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sanders is good, but he is not good enough to invite the circus to your town.  Trade the pick and gather assets. 

Pretty spot on. He may be the best of the group. We just can’t afford to take that kind of risk. One I don’t think his dad lets him play here and he has said he will “pull an Eli” for certain teams. Two if he does come here you don’t want Deion causing any off the field distractions. Developing a young QB is hard enough without them plus we have a new, young coaching staff.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

37 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I'm not watching them....? Because I responded on a message board mentioning their names does not necessarily mean I watch their every move does it...? Don't much care for Deion (is that how it's spelled?) and have zero against Shedeur (is that better on the spelling? I googled it this time to ensure it's spelled correctly for you Mr spelling police) but I still have an opinion on the matter if that's okay with you? Sounds as if you may be a little sensitive on anything that relates to a negative opinion on Deion (spelling getting better now?) perhaps? My limited however briefly interactions with Deon (uh oh I spelled it wrong here) helped me form my opinion so I apologize if they do not fall in line with how you see my opinions should.

I think your limited reading comprehension and understanding here may be the issue? I don't have "hate", I simply do not care for Deion (spelling?) due to a few interactions and his son nothing at all against him as I've never met him but it's nothing more than an opinion in that I don't believe he will be as successful in the NFL without his dad completely controlling everything in his path that he can possibly control. It is what it is and is just an opinion. If we are talking semantics here, I think your opinion on him being the next great QB sucks donkey balls and is incorrect but again, I guess we shall see when next season plays out. What I do know is Canales does not have the aggressive personality and demeanor to tell an over zealous legend father who will become a nuisance from what I've seen to sit down and shut up. Need a guy like a Dan Campbell to do that and keep his dad at a distance unless Dad wants to come coach some DB's and help the team in some capacity but we both know he won't accept that role so it's an idea that doesn't even matter here.

Good enough for ya?

You don't care for Deion?

Yet you're on a message boards actually caring for Deion. That's my point friend.

No need to get all emotional. We still besties here's a beer on me.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Pretty spot on. He may be the best of the group. We just can’t afford to take that kind of risk. One I don’t think his dad lets him play here and he has said he will “pull an Eli” for certain teams. Two if he does come here you don’t want Deion causing any off the field distractions. Developing a young QB is hard enough without them plus we have a new, young coaching staff.

Jimmy have I not been saying this the entire time about Sanders?

Just because I think he's the best QB in this class doesn't mean I want him. I have said this week after week. If we get the #1 pick trade back get Vegas to give up the farm for Sanders.

We need more than a QB.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

yea i don't really care, his struggles have nothing to do with him or his NFL prospects

Will still be the first WR off the board and a Top 5 WR type of guy by his 2nd contract.

He can't pass block to give his QB more time and he can't throw himself the ball so he gets catchable passes.  And while yes, we could just throw him a bunch of 5 yard routes to force him catches, but that's not really using him to his abilities.

He can't do anything about our QB not being able to have the time to let him run his routes, this team is in shambles, partially injuries, partially coaching, partially our QB play, but he's still going to be a Top 5 draft pick.

He doesn't have to be the top wr of the board. Just saying. Not saying that he won't be. 

Burden, Egbuka, and Bond look to be gamers as well.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Jimmy have I not been saying this the entire time about Sanders?

Just because I think he's the best QB in this class doesn't mean I want him. I have said this week after week. If we get the #1 pick trade back get Vegas to give up the farm for Sanders.

We need more than a QB.

I think that’s a smart move. It would be nice if we could do some 3 way trade and get Ward plus some picks out of it…

I'm skeptical of Sanders. I don't believe that he'd be getting as nearly as much hype if he wasn't Prime's son. I'm also skeptical about his decision making, his actual playing weight, and his actual height. He's not a big QB, and is not necessarily as naturally solid as I'd like. Yeah, I could be being affected by Bryce, but Sanders really really likes holding on to the ball too long. This isn't going to work in the big league.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I am probably most fascinated with Rourke out of Indiana. 

I disagree that some say Gabriel is a later round guy--I think he goes day 2 at the latest--but I have not put in the research yet--and when I do--I am often wrong.

I watched yesterday's game and I was very impressed with Rourke. I would love to see him fall to the 2nd round. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This for sure. He's listed as 6'2" 216. That's not ideal size but it's okay. But he looks 6' 190.

*Shock* College football bios exaggerate height and weight!  What did Bama's football page list Bryce as again?