• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers in the Market for a QB (again): 2025 Draft

MHS831

I meant to post this in the Draft section--sorry for the mistake--not sure it can be moved.  However, I try to give a different spin on things at times--This was my best guess how it could look by the end of the season, fwiw. 

9 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Lol...that is a lot of projecting based off personal feelings. I would be curious to know what your opinion is if none of it is true come draft time.

Shedeur has faced way more adversity then the guys projected around him and they are shitting the bed way more than he is. And if you actually take the time look at it from other side coin he has everything around him since a young age to help him prepare to play in the pros. Im sure other players would love to have that guidance from someone who is a HOF all threw their life...hell some of them do. It aint all negative things or any at all. Shedeur has had it easy but so has other players who father's played in the league. He gonna be a top pick because he's a good qb, smart,  and tough.  Him having it easy in life doesn't play part in it. 

Uh oh somebody must be upset about that "Panthers don't know how to run a team post of yours" where I questioned curious to know how you know so much and are qualified perhaps?

Projecting or not Deon is a walking talking issue currently and in my opinion as shown by many issues in Colorado the past couple seasons. Shedur will bust and will not be the star his dad was in my opinion also but until we see it all play out, both yours and my opinion is just that; an opinion. 

He is a good QB in college no doubt but when he doesn't have dad at the next level I am curious to see how it goes. I was once around Deon however briefly during the COVID era. His eldest son was with a team I was involved with in a capacity for one shortened COVID season. No problem with his boy but his father I could tell was an issue. Without going into details, Deon is something else entirely. Perhaps not a completely bad human being but one that can get extremely toxic and thinks the world should immediately bow to him and do his every bidding because of his own past accomplishments in football. That could get very tough if the right franchise is not found with leadership that will tell him to know his role, sit down and shut up. 

Adversity does not define everything true but adversity on a football field during a season is minor compared to life adversity I've seen some other players face first hand who came from nothing and are still dealing with issues currently as they make their way through college. Football field adversity does not compare to the real world off the field and out of the locker room adversity some face. You speak as if you may know something on the subject other than what people see on television and read on the internet. What locker rooms have you been involved in or witnessed the everyday play out during the season once the high school level is passed? I have to admit my experience seeing the everyday lives play out at the NFL level is limited to former players who have gone beyond Div. 1 and I only know what is told to me by them when they return to me in off seasons and breaks so I can't fully get an idea at that level. I have however seen a few days at the college level play out and I base my opinion from the very limited I have seen out of Deon in person and yes probably biased a bit after a few of those very limited interactions but it's my opinion determined by what I have seen over the years with my own eyes out of many situations and players rather than my arm chair GM opinion based upon what I read on the internet and the statistics I see on TV. As I said, we shall see once next season plays out but the Panthers are not equipped to handle what will come with Shedur Sanders I personally believe. A team like the Detroit Lions with a coach like Dan Campbell who is not afraid to tell someone to back off, sit down and shut the hell up I could only guess will be needed when Shedur is drafted and that personality will not be needed for Shedur but for daddy.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 2

This thread generated more than I expected.  Hmmm.  I like a good discussion, but you are all wrong unless you agree with me and I am right. 

I recall when we had Cam nut huggers on here and that was fine because he was a Panther.  Now some are hugging on Sanders.  He is a talent, but my point was, he takes a beating. His daddy has been heavy in the portal, has some great athletes, but still can't get a dominant team on the field.  His son is sacked a LOT.  In the NFL, that makes for a short career.  Starter---blue tent---IR---uber driver.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

This thread generated more than I expected.  Hmmm.  I like a good discussion, but you are all wrong unless you agree with me and I am right. 

I recall when we had Cam nut huggers on here and that was fine because he was a Panther.  Now some are hugging on Sanders.  He is a talent, but my point was, he takes a beating. His daddy has been heavy in the portal, has some great athletes, but still can't get a dominant team on the field.  His son is sacked a LOT.  In the NFL, that makes for a short career.  Starter---blue tent---IR---uber driver.

Sanders is good, but he is not good enough to invite the circus to your town.  Trade the pick and gather assets. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I am probably most fascinated with Rourke out of Indiana. 

I disagree that some say Gabriel is a later round guy--I think he goes day 2 at the latest--but I have not put in the research yet--and when I do--I am often wrong.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Uh oh somebody must be upset about that "Panthers don't know how to run a team post of yours" where I questioned curious to know how you know so much and are qualified perhaps?

Projecting or not Deon is a walking talking issue currently and in my opinion as shown by many issues in Colorado the past couple seasons. Shedur will bust and will not be the star his dad was in my opinion also but until we see it all play out, both yours and my opinion is just that; an opinion. 

He is a good QB in college no doubt but when he doesn't have dad at the next level I am curious to see how it goes. I was once around Deon however briefly during the COVID era. His eldest son was with a team I was involved with in a capacity for one shortened COVID season. No problem with his boy but his father I could tell was an issue. Without going into details, Deon is something else entirely. Perhaps not a completely bad human being but one that can get extremely toxic and thinks the world should immediately bow to him and do his every bidding because of his own past accomplishments in football. That could get very tough if the right franchise is not found with leadership that will tell him to know his role, sit down and shut up. 

Adversity does not define everything true but adversity on a football field during a season is minor compared to life adversity I've seen some other players face first hand who came from nothing and are still dealing with issues currently as they make their way through college. Football field adversity does not compare to the real world off the field and out of the locker room adversity some face. You speak as if you may know something on the subject other than what people see on television and read on the internet. What locker rooms have you been involved in or witnessed the everyday play out during the season once the high school level is passed? I have to admit my experience seeing the everyday lives play out at the NFL level is limited to former players who have gone beyond Div. 1 and I only know what is told to me by them when they return to me in off seasons and breaks so I can't fully get an idea at that level. I have however seen a few days at the college level play out and I base my opinion from the very limited I have seen out of Deon in person and yes probably biased a bit after a few of those very limited interactions but it's my opinion determined by what I have seen over the years with my own eyes out of many situations and players rather than my arm chair GM opinion based upon what I read on the internet and the statistics I see on TV. As I said, we shall see once next season plays out but the Panthers are not equipped to handle what will come with Shedur Sanders I personally believe. A team like the Detroit Lions with a coach like Dan Campbell who is not afraid to tell someone to back off, sit down and shut the hell up I could only guess will be needed when Shedur is drafted and that personality will not be needed for Shedur but for daddy.

You can't even spell the father and son name right. Why are you writing this much about people you don't like.

These dudes just happen to be the most popular HC and athlete in college football. In the world of social media they are the hot topic. I never seen a father/son duo more hated then these 2.

What I don't get if people don't like them why are you continuing to support them? Your hate brings them dollars. Simply stop watching and there is nothing to hate.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sanders is good, but he is not good enough to invite the circus to your town.  Trade the pick and gather assets. 

That is how I feel.  The word "entitled" comes to mind, and that may not be his fault.  His dad has already made the comment to the media that he should be playing for the Dolphins.  Any time a QB is sacked 23 times in five games (not sure how he did last night) that could be a QB problem--not an OL problem.  Again, a lot of this was by watching a few videos, reviewing stats, measureables, a few comments--not what I would consider scouting on any level--first impressions.  But I am not sold on him.  Cam Ward?  All day.  The others?  Not sold yet. 

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You can't even spell the father and son name right. Why are you writing this much about people you don't like.

These dudes just happen to be the most popular HC and athlete in college football. In the world of social media they are the hot topic. I never seen a father/son duo more hated then these 2.

What I don't get if people don't like them why are you continuing to support them? Your hate brings them dollars. Simply stop watching and there is nothing to hate.

Out of curiosity, what do you have to say about his being sacked 23 times in five games?  You probably know him better than I do, but that was a red flag for me. Try to be objective (I am).  What are his biggest weaknesses, in your opinion?

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

My goodness why are people not allowed to love the Sanders family?

This is the weirdest thing I have seen on this board. You got haters gatekeeping because they don't like Colorado. I had a mod tell me yesterday "don't talk Colorado because they irrelevant" but as soon as they lose he's the loudest Colorado talker on the board.

Guys it's 2025 please stop with these childish games. I hate certain people as well, but I don't care if others like the people I hate. If they want to discuss this is a free country.

Speaking for myself the people I hate I simply don't discuss. It makes your life less stressful.

Hit the gym people eat healthy. Stop stressing about father/son duo. Much more important things going on in the world.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Out of curiosity, what do you have to say about his being sacked 23 times in five games?  You probably know him better than I do, but that was a red flag for me. Try to be objective (I am).  What are his biggest weaknesses, in your opinion?

This is nothing personal against you, but it's stuff like this that pisses me off.  

I literally said last week his weakness was holding the ball too long. That is a major concern. However his ability to throw the ball from the pocket and take the big hit while doing so can't be questioned. His toughness can't be questioned.

Also to prove that I'm not a homer, I literally said I'm not high on any of these QBs. But if you asking me who is the best QB I think that guy will be Sanders.

*Also for the last time I Do Not Want To Draft Sanders! I have said this over and over because his dad would not allow it. Trade back and get more picks. This team has a lot of holes to fill.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My goodness why are people not allowed to love the Sanders family?

This is the weirdest thing I have seen on this board. You got haters gatekeeping because they don't like Colorado. I had a mod tell me yesterday "don't talk Colorado because they irrelevant" but as soon as they lose he's the loudest Colorado talker on the board.

Guys it's 2025 please stop with these childish games. I hate certain people as well, but I don't care if others like the people I hate. If they want to discuss this is a free country.

Speaking for myself the people I hate I simply don't discuss. It makes your life less stressful.

Hit the gym people eat healthy. Stop stressing about father/son duo. Much more important things going on in the world.

Says the guy calling a college QB "Becky"

Dont ever stop being the absolute worst poster on this board

• Beer 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Says the guy calling a college QB "Becky"

Dont ever stop being the absolute worst poster on this board

Look at some of these topics on this board. Both you and I know I'm not the worst poster on this board.

Most hated poster on the board? Yeah.

The worst poster on the board? Not a chance!

Since we giving out awards for the board how about we give you yours.

Most miserable person on the huddle. MrCompletely!

Are you ever happy bro? All you do is pick fights with random people on the board.

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I was gonna say, it's hard to argue that he hasn't faced any adversity if you watched them last season.

And maybe he has gotten some "special" treatment but he is also getting real NFL preparation/knowledge. Deion actually played this sport and at a HOF level. I don't think he is gonna have his son being ill prepared.

So far to me he seems like a guy that needs to stick to college.  He can get by with name recognition and sizzle in college.  I haven't seen anything special about him from a coaching perspective, and the way he talks to and coaches college kids won't work with grown men.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm not watching them....? Because I responded on a message board mentioning their names does not necessarily mean I watch their every move does it...? Don't much care for Deion (is that how it's spelled?) and have zero against Shedeur (is that better on the spelling? I googled it this time to ensure it's spelled correctly for you Mr spelling police) but I still have an opinion on the matter if that's okay with you? Sounds as if you may be a little sensitive on anything that relates to a negative opinion on Deion (spelling getting better now?) perhaps? My limited however briefly interactions with Deon (uh oh I spelled it wrong here) helped me form my opinion so I apologize if they do not fall in line with how you see my opinions should.

I think your limited reading comprehension and understanding here may be the issue? I don't have "hate", I simply do not care for Deion (spelling?) due to a few interactions and his son nothing at all against him as I've never met him but it's nothing more than an opinion in that I don't believe he will be as successful in the NFL without his dad completely controlling everything in his path that he can possibly control. It is what it is and is just an opinion. If we are talking semantics here, I think your opinion on him being the next great QB sucks donkey balls and is incorrect but again, I guess we shall see when next season plays out. What I do know is Canales does not have the aggressive personality and demeanor to tell an over zealous legend father who will become a nuisance from what I've seen to sit down and shut up. Need a guy like a Dan Campbell to do that and keep his dad at a distance unless Dad wants to come coach some DB's and help the team in some capacity but we both know he won't accept that role so it's an idea that doesn't even matter here.

Good enough for ya?

• Beer 1