• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers in the Market for a QB (again): 2025 Draft

MHS831

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I’m good with that. I’m talking about people that want him playing here. I don’t see it happening but I’d be ok with it. 

Yeah I don't see it happening either. Prime was definitely talking about us as one of those teams he is son would not play for.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah I don't see it happening either. Prime was definitely talking about us as one of those teams he is son would not play for.

Hard to blame him, really.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Manning kid do the same if he ends up being a top prospect.

• Pie 1

Guarantee you Deon eventually tries to make a move to coach his kid in the NFL. Not sure if anyone will hire him as a head coach but I bet he tries. I think Shedur has had it very easy his whole life so I worry for how he will handle any adversity that comes along with being a rookie QB in the NFL. I hope he turns out great but his father being the helicopter dad and general a-hole he is could end up making it very tough on whatever team drafts him just in my opinion.

That is one generous list.  I think there's three tops 1st round talents at QB in this class and that's being kind - Sanders, Nuss, & Ward (maybe)  

Then the rest are mid round talents that are simply teasing at times like a lot of these kids do every year.  People think they'll be higher draft picks and they settle into 4th-UDFA.  

I think McCord & Rourke are interesting.  Allar has room to grow/I see returning.  Milroe, Ewers and Beck aren't that good - I just don't see much.  

Honestly, it's not a good class at the top for any position.  This is one of the least exciting draft classes in forever.  OL and DL talent are lacking true impact guys, DBs are aight...it's really the 2 WRs, Graham, & a few others.  

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Guarantee you Deon eventually tries to make a move to coach his kid in the NFL. Not sure if anyone will hire him as a head coach but I bet he tries. I think Shedur has had it very easy his whole life so I worry for how he will handle any adversity that comes along with being a rookie QB in the NFL. I hope he turns out great but his father being the helicopter dad and general a-hole he is could end up making it very tough on whatever team drafts him just in my opinion.

Lol...that is a lot of projecting based off personal feelings. I would be curious to know what your opinion is if none of it is true come draft time.

Shedeur has faced way more adversity then the guys projected around him and they are shitting the bed way more than he is. And if you actually take the time look at it from other side coin he has everything around him since a young age to help him prepare to play in the pros. Im sure other players would love to have that guidance from someone who is a HOF all threw their life...hell some of them do. It aint all negative things or any at all. Shedeur has had it easy but so has other players who father's played in the league. He gonna be a top pick because he's a good qb, smart,  and tough.  Him having it easy in life doesn't play part in it. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Lol...that is a lot of projecting based off personal feelings. I would be curious to know what your opinion is if none of it is true come draft time.

Shedeur has faced way more adversity then the guys projected around him and they are shitting the bed way more than he is. And if you actually take the time look at it from other side coin he has everything around him since a young age to help him prepare to play in the pros. Im sure other players would love to have that guidance from someone who is a HOF all threw their life...hell some of them do. It aint all negative things or any at all. Shedeur has had it easy but so has other players who father's played in the league. He gonna be a top pick because he's a good qb, smart,  and tough.  Him having it easy in life doesn't play part in it. 

I was gonna say, it's hard to argue that he hasn't faced any adversity if you watched them last season.

And maybe he has gotten some "special" treatment but he is also getting real NFL preparation/knowledge. Deion actually played this sport and at a HOF level. I don't think he is gonna have his son being ill prepared.

• Pie 1