• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers will not trade Chuba Hubbard

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

That's what people said about McCaffrey, and Moore, too. It's always wrong.

He's averaging 5.6 yards per carry and nearly 100 yards a game. He's driven, and wants to excel. Pay the man. I'm sick of being a farm team.

I get and understand that.

Think about it, does a team with zero playoff hopes need to pay a RB 10+ per year??

Thats what smarty marty would do sign him to a 5 year 70 million deal.

The smart move would be trade him to add a lotto ticket to rebuild fund.

14 minutes ago, TN05 said:

He's averaging 5.6 yards per carry and nearly 100 yards a game. He's driven, and wants to excel. Pay the man. I'm sick of being a farm team.

You simply don't pay rbs a second contract.  How many examples do you need to understand this?

3 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

I was and am anti trading CMC today this day, for what its worth. Chubba is way diff. 

I thought it was beyond dumb to any RB 16 million per. To get away form that contract I was for trading him, but the package needed some more levels to protect carolina. Example if SF reaches the championship carolina gains 2025 2nd. 

Carolina had to listen the their doctors giving them, "yea this guy is not going to last, hes got arthritis". 

33 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I get and understand that.

Think about it, does a team with zero playoff hopes need to pay a RB 10+ per year??

Thats what smarty marty would do sign him to a 5 year 70 million deal.

The smart move would be trade him to add a lotto ticket to rebuild fund.

Why should I even watch this team if we're garbage every year and don't extend the few players we get that are good? Yeah sure we'll draft a replacement, we're good at drafting right? And we're even better at trades.

Just ship off all our rare draft wins to other teams for picks that we'll lose on. This is how you end up with generationally bad teams.

Edited by TN05

41 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I tend to agree with you in principal. I really like Hubbard and what he adds to the team production wise and mentality wise.

The issue is the Panthers have needs across the roster and just invested a ton in the oline. Center is still a need as well.

None of this is even mentioning the fact we just traded up to select an RB in the second round this year.

Then we have to look back at the signings of "Double Trouble" from long ago and even then that is now known to have been a bad move to say the least. But at least the team around them was serviceable. This is probably the worst shape our roster has been in that I can recall.

One can like Hubbard and ultimately prefer to retain him while also acknowledging it is most likely unwise to invest another significant contract in the position when accounting for the full picture of the current predicament.

Edited by frankw

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

I tend to agree with you in principal. I really like Hubbard and what he adds to the team production wise and mentality wise.

The issue is the Panthers have needs across the roster and just invested a ton in the oline. Center is still a need as well.

None of this is even mentioning the fact we just traded up to select an RB in the second round this year.

Then we have to look back at the signings of "Double Trouble" from long ago and even then that is now known to have been a bad move to say the least. But at least the team around them was serviceable. This is probably the worst shape our roster has been in that I can recall.

One can like Hubbard and ultimately prefer to retain him while also acknowledging it is most likely unwise to invest another significant contract in the position when accounting for the full picture of the current predicament.

Great, and then we can just watch him excel somewhere else while we go 2-15 again, wondering why we can't get any sort of sustained success.

Build off what you have. Not what you want.

3 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Great, and then we can just watch him excel somewhere else while we go 2-15 again, wondering why we can't get any sort of sustained success.

Build off what you have. Not what you want.

We are realistically all homerism aside 2-3 years minimum from competing for anything of significance. It is going to take at least a few very good drafts.

These are tough conversations for tough times. It is what it is.

16 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Why should I even watch this team if we're garbage every year and don't extend the few players we get that are good? Yeah sure we'll draft a replacement, we're good at drafting right? And we're even better at trades.

Just ship off all our rare draft wins to other teams for picks that we'll lose on. This is how you end up with generationally bad teams.

They will be hard to watch with or without hubbard.

pray for luck my friend, they are waaaay over due for some. 

I put 1% chance that panthers resign him, why not get a mid rounder or two?

panther bro, Im at lost too with this team....

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

We are realistically all homerism aside 2-3 years minimum from competing for anything of significance. It is going to take at least a few very good drafts.

These are tough conversations for tough times. It is what it is.

We won't be any closer to winning by disposing of the few draft victories we have.