• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers will not trade Chuba Hubbard

I'm not a fan of trading away your best players for draft picks... but if the guy is just going to walk for nothing, seems better to get something while you can.

Giving him a fat contract with all the other holes on the roster, also seems like a bad idea.

His estimated value as a free agent is over $10 mill per year. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets something like a 5 years, $60 million deal. Are we going to pay that? I sure as hell hope not.

Trade him for a solid deal, draft another RB in the 4th or 5th to pair with Brooks, spend your money on rebuilding the rest of the roster. This isn't complicated FFS.

• Pie 1

I like Hubbard. I'd prefer to keep him but not at max value. On the idea of trading him I just don't know what we would get that would make it some sort of must make deal. There have been some good players right now going for 3rd round picks at best. I want more picks too but a mid to late rounder isn't moving the needle much. If that's all we're looking for then get something for Thielen and Johnson. This isn't a one draft solution situation regardless. It's going to take at least a few really solid drafts to even get close to where we need to be.

This team just spent a shi* ton of $ on the offense. Coming due are contracts on a starting quality NFl QB who still has a lot of gas in the tank,  a legit #1 WR, and a RB who has been killing it. 

Does anyone truly think we can retain all 3 while not murdering our cap #? Priority has to go Andy then Johnson then Chuba.

Will Andy require ‘please don’t go’ type money? He won’t want a rental contract. Someone will offer him 3 years for a lot of $. Promise you. This has been a showcase year for him.   Can we beat that if we’re tied to the other 2? 

I love Chuba but once Brooks (hopefully) starts getting some snaps, his time is limited. I LOVE how he has developed. You take a second + a defensive starter (if a team is that desperate) and don’t look back. 

Bryce cap hit in ‘25 is $10 million. In ‘26 it’s $12 million. We HAVE to find a team willing to eat that. 

Morgan and co are in a tight spot. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan

41 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

This team just spent a shi* ton of $ on the offense. Coming due are contracts on a starting quality NFl QB who still has a lot of gas in the tank,  a legit #1 WR, and a RB who has been killing it. 

Does anyone truly think we can retain all 3 while not murdering our cap #? Priority has to go Andy then Johnson then Chuba.

Will Andy require ‘please don’t go’ type money? He won’t want a rental contract. Someone will offer him 3 years for a lot of $. Promise you. This has been a showcase year for him.   Can we beat that if we’re tied to the other 2? 

I love Chuba but once Brooks (hopefully) starts getting some snaps, his time is limited. I LOVE how he has developed. You take a second + a defensive starter (if a team is that desperate) and don’t look back. 

Bryce cap hit in ‘25 is $10 million. In ‘26 it’s $12 million. We HAVE to find a team willing to eat that. 

Morgan and co are in a tight spot. 

Eh I think we should come to the realization that Andy Dalton is not that coveted. He's certainly better than Bryce Young but he's a boom or bust aging veteran. If he wants big money then he can show himself out.

I also tend to lean toward the conclusion that the huddle is overrating Johnson to a degree. The Steelers are doing just fine without him.

Who in the world is giving us a 2nd and a player for a running back that has yet to add a 1k rushing season to his resume and is due his first big contract?

It's as good a time as any for us as Panthers fans to be as realistic as possible about the players on our roster no matter how much we like them.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Eh I think we should come to the realization that Andy Dalton is not that coveted. He's certainly better than Bryce Young but he's a boom or bust aging veteran. If he wants big money then he can show himself out.

I also tend to lean toward the conclusion that the huddle is overrating Johnson to a degree. The Steelers are doing just fine without him.

Who in the world is giving us a 2nd and a player for a running back that has yet to add a 1k rushing season to his resume and is due his first big contract?

It's as good a time as any for us as Panthers fans to be as realistic as possible about the players on our roster no matter how much we like them.

Imagine thinking Chuba is worth a 2nd+ on the trade market or that he will get a 5 year 60m contract on the open market.....lol

Chuba is probably worth a 4th or 5th and he will be had for like 6-7 mil a year.