• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At least we’re not the Saints

NAS

I know they’re better now but their cap situation is absolutely horrific and they won’t recover for years. They either have to completely suck for a few years or continue restructuring contracts into the future. This was started by  Sean Payton who tried to kick the can for a few years and is the main reason he retired in the first place.

• Pie 1

The bill always comes due eventually. It's impressive they pushed it back this far but they need some kind of reset.

The fact the Panthers are tight with cap with the level of talent on the roster is so much worse. Yes it clears up quicker but it's not like we have been using it well in the past. And that is as recently as this year...

Seems like they need to figure out the balance of when to push and when to eat cap. I guess the 49ers are somehow affording guys and I never hear about their cap issues. IDK but the next evolution is due because the Saints figured it out and now it's running them over. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, NAS said:

It’s like a Ponzi scheme, sooner or later it catches up

It's a system where when you mess up it starts slipping. We are the example of that. The Saints have slipped with the Carr contract. He isn't worth that and it's showing. Now they have to dump good talent and wait to eat their mistakes. They also could have sold on some guys earlier. It's not like they are bad at drafting.

1 hour ago, NAS said:

It’s like a Ponzi scheme, sooner or later it catches up

I think the mistake the Aints made was that they probably should have just started over again after Brees left.  Let go of a lot of the high priced players and rebuild.  

Not that we are in much of a position to criticize them.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Imagine you making fun of another team when you are the worst franchise in football.

Panthers fans we can no longer make fun of other teams. Look in the mirror we are the joke!!

If I look at future at least we can do something to turn this around next year. We will be finally out of the dead cap and can rebuild roster, draft or sign a QB. 

Not sure you realize what kind of cap hell the Saints are in. They won’t be able to get out of it for years, even if they try to tear it down and rebuild after this year. 

Just now, NAS said:

If I look at future at least we can do something to turn this around next year. We will be finally out of the dead cap and can rebuild roster, draft or sign a QB. 

Not sure you realize what kind of cap hell the Saints are in. They won’t be able to get out of it for years, even if they try to tear it down and rebuild after this year. 

Haven't the Saints been in cap hell for years tho?

They somehow always sign big FAs even when they don't have the money.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Haven't the Saints been in cap hell for years tho?

They somehow always sign big FAs even when they don't have the money.

Yes, kicking the debt down the line and they have nothing to show for it.

Chickens are coming home to roost