• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you take a chance on Cam Ward?

Jmac

QB's are a total coin flip. Ward can be a mega bust. He could also be another Josh Allen. We don't know. Nobody knows. Same with Josh Allen in his draft. Zero NFL teams can accurately evaluate college QB's. Maybe only the Packers, or maybe they got lucky with Rodgers and Love. 

Do I think we are in position to flip the coin again with this roster? Nope. But I also can't be mad at Dan for flipping it. A franchise QB cures a lot of ills. Almost every NFL team would trade their entire defense for Mahomes. As good as TJ Watt and the Steelers unit is, they would trade every single starter for Mahomes if offered. Same with the 49ers even though they have Purdy.

Edited by amcoolio

2 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

QB's are a total coin flip. Ward can be a mega bust. He could also be another Josh Allen. We don't know. Nobody knows. Same with Josh Allen in his draft. Zero NFL teams can accurately evaluate college QB's. Maybe only the Packers, or maybe they got lucky with Rodgers and Love. 

Do I think we are in position to flip the coin again with this roster? Nope. But I also can't be mad at Dan for flipping it. A franchise QB cures a lot of ills. Almost every NFL team would trade their entire defense for Mahomes. As good as TJ Watt and the Steelers unit is, they would trade every single starter for Mahomes if offered. Same with the 49ers even though they have Purdy.

Morgan will get fired if he doesn't find Tepper a franchise QB within the next year or so anyway. He knows that.

Ideal scenario for me....we get the #1 pick and trade back with the Raiders to get #8 or so and take Cam there.  We should also get a 2nd and 3rd for 2025 and their 1st round pick in 2026.  Draft defense for the rest of 2025 draft and use the 2026 1st rounder to draft BPA.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, sonburst4 said:

Ideal scenario for me....we get the #1 pick and trade back with the Raiders to get #8 or so and take Cam there.  We should also get a 2nd and 3rd for 2025 and their 1st round pick in 2026.  Draft defense for the rest of 2025 draft and use the 2026 1st rounder to draft BPA.

We would get more then that

22 minutes ago, sonburst4 said:

One problem Cam won't be available at #8. He's going to be the 2nd QB off the board. Raiders want Sanders tho, that I agree with.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

One problem Cam won't be available at #8. He's going to be the 2nd QB off the board. Raiders want Sanders tho, that I agree with.

Anything but this. Walter Football is a true psycho so hopefully this is not common thinking

IMG_1362.jpeg

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Nope wrong again.  Just give up man you don’t know what you are talking about 

Josh Allen was a pure traits prospect; his play at Wyoming was awful at times. Not only does Cam Ward have the physical traits (though not on Allen's level) his production has FAR exceeded Allen's.