• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you take a chance on Cam Ward?

Jmac

I like that fact that Ward has had to work to move himself into consideration for the NFL and hasn't been handed the superstar Mantle from the start.  And his ability to remain calm when things aren't going well.  He barely even threw the ball in high school.  That suggest he has room to grow and learn.   And he will need it as after watching him play, he still has a lot to learn.  Makes ill advised throws at times and tends to hold the ball too long. Hard to say if he will make it in the NFL, but I feel he has the same chance as any of the others in the draft.   

Edited by Davidson Deac II

11 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Haven't had time to pay attention to college ball the last couple weeks but seems like all the mock drafts have Sanders, Hunter, and Ward in the top 5 and then kinda mixed bag after that. I like that Ward is a playmaker with a little Favre style in him, seems real comfortable leading the huddle. Very different vibe from the soft stuff we've dealt with the last couple years. I believe he would no doubt beat out BY in a camp battle for what it's worth

Yeah we need a QB with this mindset. We have to change the whole culture here and that would be a great start. Whoever it is needs to be a leader and someone who pushes his teammates to be better. 

• Beer 1

In a trade down scenario or in the second round yes. But as a top 3 pick? He doesn't look like that to me. I'm not saying he won't be a good QB but if you have a top 3 pick you have to take a difference maker unless you are trading out of the spot

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Reading through this thread is like watching broke high school kids scoff at Ferraris because they like Lamborghinis while they're actually driving a clapped out Honda Civic.

I see your point but over-drafting and reaching at positions of need has landed us where we are today amongst other terrible decisions 

3 hours ago, SOJA said:

I see your point but over-drafting and reaching at positions of need has landed us where we are today amongst other terrible decisions 

No, trading 5 premium players for an all-time bust has landed us where we are today.

That and just generally poor drafting. 

5 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I like that fact that Ward has had to work to move himself into consideration for the NFL and hasn't been handed the superstar Mantle from the start.  And his ability to remain calm when things aren't going well.  He barely even threw the ball in high school.  That suggest he has room to grow and learn.   And he will need it as after watching him play, he still has a lot to learn.  Makes ill advised throws at times and tends to hold the ball too long. Hard to say if he will make it in the NFL, but I feel he has the same chance as any of the others in the draft.   

Ward is a solid prospect but Sanders is quite obviously going to be the best combination of polished and skilled.

I really don't think this is a strong QB class, however.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Ward is a solid prospect but Sanders is quite obviously going to be the best combination of polished and skilled.

I really don't think this is a strong QB class, however.

Meh, I think Sanders gets a lot of attention due to his last name.  As to how good he really is, we will see.  He had better learn how to get rid of the ball faster or his NFL career will be a short one.  

Predictions about qb classes get it wrong as often as they get it right.  2021 was a very hyped qb class, and it might be the most over hyped class in a long time.  

Sanders is a ridiculous passer even if you have to deal with the father.  I think he goes number 1.

Ward is an impressive playmaker but he has a lot of things to clean up and makes some bad decisions IMO.  He will turn it over a lot if he doesn’t fix that

Edited by Shocker

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Sanders is a ridiculous passer even if you have to deal with the father.  I think he goes number 1.

Ward is an impressive playmaker but he has a lot of things to clean up and makes some bad decisions IMO.  He will turn it over a lot if he doesn’t fix that

Josh Allen turns it over a lot, too. Who among us wouldn't take him at QB in a heartbeat?

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Josh Allen turns it over a lot, too. Who among us wouldn't take him at QB in a heartbeat?

Totally different player, totally different situation.  Not even a decent comparison.  And no you don’t go looking for guys that are turnover prone.  

Edited by Shocker