• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you take a chance on Cam Ward?

Jmac

CBS already calling it

Round 1 - Pick 4
team logo

team logo

player headshot
Cam Ward QB
MIAMI (FL) • SR • 6'2" / 223 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Carolina
PROSPECT RNK
6th
POSITION RNK
1st
PAYDS
RUYDS
INTS
TDS
Perhaps Bryce Young is able to resurrect his career, but it seems Carolina is ready to move on from him. If that is the case, then the Panthers could return to the draft well and purchase another lottery ticket with Cam Ward.

Haven't had time to pay attention to college ball the last couple weeks but seems like all the mock drafts have Sanders, Hunter, and Ward in the top 5 and then kinda mixed bag after that. I like that Ward is a playmaker with a little Favre style in him, seems real comfortable leading the huddle. Very different vibe from the soft stuff we've dealt with the last couple years. I believe he would no doubt beat out BY in a camp battle for what it's worth

2 hours ago, jb2288 said:

12, but there’s less QB hungry teams this year. 

Let's see,

Cleveland is possible.

Los Angeles(Rams) is possible.

Tennessee is probable.

New Orleans is possible.

New York(Jets) is possible.

Las Vegas is definite.

New York(Giants) is probable.

Miami is possible.

Pittsburgh is possible.

Four of these teams technically have a QB position established but could be in a position to pivot. So if you remove those, it's basically five possible spots. 

I think the difference is there are less "desperate" teams than last year. Really only Las Vegas fits that description.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Haven't had time to pay attention to college ball the last couple weeks but seems like all the mock drafts have Sanders, Hunter, and Ward in the top 5 and then kinda mixed bag after that. I like that Ward is a playmaker with a little Favre style in him, seems real comfortable leading the huddle. Very different vibe from the soft stuff we've dealt with the last couple years. I believe he would no doubt beat out BY in a camp battle for what it's worth

I really don't care how any of these guys compare to Bryce. If that comparison has to be made at all, I have no interest in that player.

The question is if Ward is a long term franchise player.

I will say this, even if we did pick him in the top 5, I would rather still sign Dalton to an extension and let Ward sit for at least a season while we get the team better.

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I really don't care how any of these guys compare to Bryce. If that comparison has to be made at all, I have no interest in that player.

The question is if Ward is a long term franchise player.

I will say this, even if we did pick him in the top 5, I would rather still sign Dalton to an extension and let Ward sit for at least a season while we get the team better.

Yeah I wouldn't put Bryce as a measuring stick in actuality. That's more of me once again reflecting upon how stupid the trade up was lol. I agree with at the least a camp battle with Dalton if we took Ward, do at least the Brissett/Drake Maye kinda thing, Baker sat for a few games before injury forced him in his first year, that kinda thing makes sense. Making Bryce QB1 and letting him lead protection meetings by week 2 of his first training camp was fuging idiotic, it would be idiotic no matter how talented the rookie is. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I wouldn't put Bryce as a measuring stick in actuality. That's more of me once again reflecting upon how stupid the trade up was lol. I agree with at the least a camp battle with Dalton if we took Ward, do at least the Brissett/Drake Maye kinda thing, Baker sat for a few games before injury forced him in his first year, that kinda thing makes sense. Making Bryce QB1 and letting him lead protection meetings by week 2 of his first training camp was fuging idiotic, it would be idiotic no matter how talented the rookie is. 

I honestly have no problem with a rookie QB sitting all season behind a Dalton/Flacco/etc.

Especially on a bad team. You know who never gets talked about this season?

Michael Penix.