• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hill gone, Wade-Smith in

MHS831

I can't remember a the last time the Panther had a draft class that significantly improved our win total and/or our ability to compete for a playoff s

pot in the NFC. Our FO has botched draft after draft by picking mediocre players and trading away premium draft choices. 

Despite the above fact, I'm surprised that people on this board think "tanking" is going to turn this franchise around.

1) We had the 1st pick in the draft two years and blew it

2) We've picked two massive underachievers at WR high picks in the 2nd round. We traded down twice in round to pick TMJ who is no longer on the team at the expense of missing out on several caliber O-lineman. Mingo has proved nothing in his two years. He was off the team right now it wouldn't affect or passing game because he brings nothing to it.

3) We picked a LT in round 1 a couple of years ago (Ikwonu) who regressed last season. He is playing better in 2024, but I think we all agree that he hasn't lived up to his draft status.

4) We picked his teammate Zavala one year later in round 4. He was so great that we had to spend millions of dollars to bring in a FA to replace him this season.

5) We made bad trades to move up to get Matt Corrall (no longer on the roster) and DJ Johnson (a JAG). I have no problem taking a flier on these guys, but we didn't have to move up a lose picks to get them when we probably could have got the by sitting still.

Based on our draft history under Tepper, what make fans believe that trading away guys who can actually play is going to result in the Panther nailing our next couple of drafts?