• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really Good Video Analysis of Andy Dalton vs Falcons

Hoenheim

Andy Dalton making some questionable decision making. I watched a longer video from Unnecessary Blutness and he was saying similar things about Dalton not progressing through his reads/beyond read 1/check down. Hyper focusing on Diontae Johnson. 

Legette and Coker getting open alot of times, just not getting the ball or getting it late.

Interception when Dalton was targeting Ian Thomas was particularly egregious.  From our view he immediately looks like he's double or triple covered even before Dalton releases the ball. Bryce-like decision/throw there. And there was a dude wide open closer to Dalton on this play. 

Watching this kinda makes me want to tell Andy to use Diontae more as a distraction and throw it to XL and Coker more. Hell even Mingo couple times was wide open. But I don't blame him for not trusting Mingo. 

Looking on the bright side, the Oline giving Andy time to throw even with Christensen and Nijman filling in. And our rookie receivers are getting open. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Something else I noticed is even with our defense getting spanked all game long. This game was fairly close score wise through most of it.

No real excuse to not give Chubba bare minimum 25 carries a game. Dude confidently averages 5.0+ ypc a game 

He's only gotten over 20 carries once this year vs the Raiders and we won that game. Come the fug on Canales, it's not rocket science.

Screenshot_20241018_082225_Chrome.jpg

• Pie 2

Run the ball, even if it's Blackshear over Sanders who can't run for poo. 

Dalton is Dalton. Some good and some bad. He always had more turnovers then you wanted but he also scores. If he is made to feel like it's on him that's what you get. Chubba with 20 caries going into the 4th would be a great sign vs the crap 13 that were called on Sunday. 

I get what the leauge averages are but there is nothing average about this team. Just run the ball and if Sanders is in the way then trade him while eating his cap so someone else can get a try. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

I watched the Bluntness video you are referring to. 

It was a good video. I don't don't agree with some of his stuff but that one had a lot of good content, covered a lot of bases.

Somewhere in there was the run vs pass ratio stuff, and he showed a list that put us 8th most passing team at something like 64%. Was that it?

The next thing after that was another stat ranking and I think it was running when we were behind (?) and we actually ran more than the mean or average. It was worth watching for the people talking about the run pass balance. 

And had that Dalton stuff which was good. He talked a lot about Dalton and getting the ball out fast and the 1st read preoccupation I guess you could call it. 

If you think about it, Diontae is the first read much of the time and on those times it does make good sense to throw quick because most of those corners can't get on him, he gets open fast and they can't recover that fast. ? 

I wonder if there is an element of 'training wheels' going on right now that could be a hangover from how the scheme was built for Young. Who absolutely needed to get the ball out that fast for a few reasons. And it is good to protect Dalton from being sacked too I guess. He is all we have. 

It can be a pretty interesting conversation, exploring reasons for it or consequences from it. 

4 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Something else I noticed is even with our defense getting spanked all game long. This game was fairly close score wise through most of it.

No real excuse to not give Chubba bare minimum 25 carries a game. Dude confidently averages 5.0+ ypc a game 

He's only gotten over 20 carries once this year vs the Raiders and we won that game. Come the fug on Canales, it's not rocket science.

Screenshot_20241018_082225_Chrome.jpg

Derek Henry is the league leader in attempts and averages under 20 carries a game going over 20 3 times.

I'd like to see more but over 20 is rather high 

Edited by csx