• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In what strange parallel dimension is LB our biggest need

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

oh and qb as well

QB is a weird one. Because I have no clue what their intentions are with it. 

They could be anywhere from drafting one in R1 to getting a late round flyer, to just getting another vet. 

I've got no pulse/feel for what they want at QB. So I just went with my personal thoughts of focusing on rebuilding the team first and trying to resolve qb in 2026. 

Observing our recent history we've been swinging and missing a lot at QB. Maybe its time to take a break and rebuild other parts of the team. 

Edited by Hoenheim

Just now, Hoenheim said:

They could be anywhere from drafting one in R1 to getting a late round flyer, to just getting another vet. 

I've got no pulse/feel for what they want at QB. So I just went with my personal thoughts of focusing on rebuilding the team first and trying to resolve qb in 2026. 

for sure, but as of right now the position has to be addressed as well

• Pie 1

I am not expecting much from Shaq at his mileage numbers after an achilles tear. That ship has sailed or sunk, most likely.

It would be better to plan to replace him and if he comes back strong, bonus. We need someone that can cover just a little too, Wallace ain't too hot on that, maybe he'll get better with experience and work. 

It is hard watching this stuff when we watched Luke and TD for years. 

• Beer 1

are you included edge in this? Because IMO our most pressing needs are 

1 Edge

2 MLB

3 NT

4 TE

5 CB

6 WR 

7 S

We could use multiple people at edge IMO. I would be happy if they draft two in the first three rounds

This is of course excluding QB which is truly our number one need but that can't be addressed IMO this offseason 

8 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Observing our recent history we've been swinging and missing a lot at QB. Maybe its time to take a break and rebuild other parts of the team. 

That's my hope. This year doesn't look great for QBs. I really hope they just wait until 2026 to draft a rookie. Our team has so many holes on it that drafting a rookie here wouldn't be beneficial to them anyway 

12 minutes ago, SOJA said:

That's my hope. This year doesn't look great for QBs. I really hope they just wait until 2026 to draft a rookie. Our team has so many holes on it that drafting a rookie here wouldn't be beneficial to them anyway 

Canales and Morgan and the whole crew have much more time to consider the options.

I hate to say it because people don't like it but IF the demise of Bryce is real, it opens things way up. Better to know where we are not heading sooner than later.

If they'd have known he was/would be shelved after 2 weeks maybe we'd have operated differently setting the roster.

Edited by strato

I don't think there is yet a guy on our roster who will clearly be a starter here in 3 years.

Jewell seems unlikely to be a long term keep, Shaq's future is in question, Wallace is a rookie that there is no telling how that will turn out and the rest are a grab bag of JAGs and PS players.

It's an area that will need development but pass rushers and interior DL are far bigger issues on the defense.