• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In what strange parallel dimension is LB our biggest need

They appear to need 2 OLBers. Not sold on Jewell either.

And the DL should need help too if that lot doesn't show improvement the rest of the season.

Some of the guys brought in under Evero are underwhelming IMO.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

They appear to need 2 OLBers. Not sold on Jewell either.

And the DL should need help too if that lot doesn't show improvement the rest of the season.

Some of the guys brought in under Evero are underwhelming IMO.

Yeah Jewell is nothing special but he is a seasoned vet who typically gets 100 plus tackles and we signed him to a 3 year deal. No need to waste an asset in trying to upgrade him with so many other needs. Let him help Wallace develop and fill holes elsewhere. 

• Pie 2

Shaq has been a good leader but not an amazing LB - this has been a significant weakness since Luke and TD left other than Luvu.  That is why we have been one of the worst teams vs the run the last 3-4 years.  But edge is currently a bigger need IMO.  Both are a huge concern.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Jewell is nothing special but he is a seasoned vet who typically gets 100 plus tackles and we signed him to a 3 year deal. No need to waste an asset in trying to upgrade him with so many other needs. Let him help Wallace develop and fill holes elsewhere. 

It's a spot they could upgrade with a later pick. I don't think he should make it to year 3 but we are stuck with him next year. 

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It's a spot they could upgrade with a later pick. I don't think he should make it to year 3 but we are stuck with him next year. 

Personally I wouldn’t worry about it in the immediate future. Use a late pick for OL depth, a RB2, a project QB etc all fall before trying to upgrade a player who is starting on most rosters. 

Shaq and Jewell look like JAGs with our current d line.  Wallace shows promise and will only get better.   Thank God we have corners that can tackle, or teams would be putting 50 up on us.  We need to upgrade the position, but D line is the bigger weakness right now.  Maybe our LB's would look better if D line wasn't getting steamrolled every play. 

Edited by FatChad

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Personally I wouldn’t worry about it in the immediate future. Use a late pick for OL depth, a RB2, a project QB etc all fall before trying to upgrade a player who is starting on most rosters. 

The oline pick should come earlier. Wallace looks better than Jewell did as a rookie. I think a 5th rounder could take his spot after a year. Plus he is on IR right? Go ahead and get him another backup asap.

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is also 30, hurt and a pff grade of 58.8. It was a bad signing. He also isn't good in pass and was the run guy next to Shaq. Meh, they could easily find better than that IMO and Wallace already took that spot.

Edited by Waldo