• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taking on Watson contract if the compensation is right

TD alt

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We really shouldn't let Clemson fans make new threads.

I've been a Clemson fan my whole life (37 yrs old) and I'll always appreciate what Deshaun did at Clemson. I have a lot of DW4 memorabilia throughout my "man cave" but this dude is washed. He is not the same dude that was at Clemson and not the same dude that was at Houston. His circle of friends changed once he got to the NFL. Obviously new girlfriend, not the same one he dated in high school and while at Clemson. No idea if it's a bad influence around him or if he's just mentally checked out once all the off field stuff was exposed. All that said, just because a Clemson fan created the thread does not mean all Clemson fans are on board with Watson. I was on board a few years ago when they talked about signing him but once I saw what he was guaranteed and what Cleveland gave up, I was relieved. If Carolina gave him what Cleveland did it would have been worse than the Bryce trade.

Now, would it suck to have Watson as the QB? Yeah it would. He's playing AWFUL. Carolina would have to deal with 2-3 more years of awful QB play. It would suck to eat his contract as well BUT.... if Cleveland called offering two firsts just so a team would take on that $, how do you pass that up? We suck as is and need draft picks. Carolina isn't winning the Super Bowl next year or the year after so you obtain the picks and try to build up the roster. Carolina isn't a QB away. Obtain all draft picks you can and hope you hit on them. If it happens, cool I'm glad we got the picks but I am not all for it just to have Watson. I would do the deal for the draft picks alone. 

Edited by TEClemson53