• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taking on Watson contract if the compensation is right

TD alt

44 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is not realistic. It's something you do on Madden.

Cmon guys is this what we doing on a Thursday night?

I mean it sort of happened back in 2017 when the Texans traded Brock Osweiler and 2nd round pick to the Browns just to get that contract off the books.  

I don’t think the Browns are stupid enough to give up even one 1st round pick to get rid of Watson but that’d be the only way for them. 

I guess the conversation really is more because of the fact that it is not impossible due to it happening before. 

• Pie 1

Let me think about this overnight and I'll give you my answer in the morning. Please inform the press and other media I will be making my decision LIVE here tomorrow at 10am eastern time. I will give you my response but I will not be taking any questions. I repeat not taking ANY questions.  

Thank you.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

Let me think about this overnight and I'll give you my answer in the morning. Please inform the press and other media I will be making my decision LIVE here tomorrow at 10am eastern time. I will give you my response but I will not be taking any questions. I repeat not taking ANY questions.  

Thank you.

Good Morning. 

First thanks to all the fans and all of the media that have gathered around today. Let me get right to it. After talking to my family and a lot of praying. We have decided this is stupid. Aint no way that SOB will be playing in Charlotte unless Cleveland is in town. 

This concludes my press conference. 

Have a good day and keep pounding a drum if you have one. 

• Pie 5

3 hours ago, csx said:

I can't believe any media are proposing this. Do they not understand the basics of the salary cap math?

It's just space filling content

Its a legit scenario of how the browns can get out from under his contract.  One article I read detailed how a team like the panthers could make it work. It would suck in the short term (2 years) but the amount of capital you could acquire is massive especially if we were to trade back from #1 this year.

No how likely a scenario like that is, well thats a totally different question but all that is being talked about here is how the browns could move on and yeah I would be down to look into it