• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF: Saints vs Broncos

Hoenheim

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

Are you expecting Chubba Hubbard to be asking for a ton of money??

I think he’s earned a bigger contract than Javonte to this point. 

I also think Hubbard and Brooks are more similar, so we need more of a bruiser back like Javonte. 

I won’t be upset if we sign Hubbard to a franchise friendly contract. I will think it unwise if we sign him to a relatively expensive deal, especially if Javonte was available for less. 

FWIW…

OTC has their market values as:

Chuba ~ 10mil

Javonte ~5.6mil

Edited by ECHornet

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

I think he’s earned a bigger contract than Javonte to this point. 

I also think Hubbard and Brooks are more similar, so we need more of a bruiser back like Javonte. 

I won’t be upset if we sign Hubbard to a franchise friendly contract. I will think it unwise if we sign him to a relatively expensive deal, especially if Javonte was available for less. 

FWIW…

OTC has their market values as:

Chuba ~ 10mil

Javonte ~5.6mil

I really doubt Brooks is going to hit a hole like Chuba is willing to do. I think if There was a Chuba/Sanders scale Brooks would be more like Sanders style but maybe more willing to take contact. Chuba has gotten better with the hands but he's still got that rocket thing out of the backfield not maybe dudes do

3 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Broncos D is strong - that Zach Allen kid is going wild this year. 

And Nix…gotta say he’s looking more comfortable by the week. And it’s not like they’ve been some super running team. Dual threat, monster arm, he’s just being smart after his shaky start this season. Really like what I’m seeing. 

If they can continue to figure out this offense, could be a promising squad next year. Heck, could end up a WC.  

Monster arm?? Wat?

• Flames 2

Man, the Saints were for sure channeling our early 2023 there. That OL may be worse. It is uncanny, with the WR issues it just about mirrors us in 2023. 

I think the difference in Rattler and Young is that at least you can see flashes in Rattler under these horrible conditions. I mean, the pressure was relentless and excuse worthy for him. But you can see the arm, and the mobility really clear even though he under threw some stuff I don't think it was that he couldn't get it there.

And I saw the football follies with the fumbles and stuff, but no one finger takedowns. It is probably like watching a lesser version of Stroud on the Panthers last year, more what things would have looked like. 

5th round, except for the injury there would be no hurry or need to put him out there the first year. I want us to start doing what the Saints did, with Haener and Rattler. I wanted it this year. I wanted it last year lol. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

man the Saints got smoked last night.  Their injury situation is about the same as ours.  But their board is saying Sean felt sorry for them and took his foot off the gas.  Said Denver could have put up a 50 burger easily

I read some of their board this morning. They also said Payton was still bringing heat late in the game to keep them down (and I saw a lot of "fire everybody").

I was really only watching for Rattler and didn't bother with the 4th quarter.

Saints cap situation is looking grim (I know we say that every year) but they are getting to a point where they have to restructure players they won’t want to keep just to get compliant.

Kicking the can is great when there is talent and a window but their drafting has been less then stellar compared to those 2017-2020 drafts 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Saints cap situation is looking grim (I know we say that every year) but they are getting to a point where they have to restructure players they won’t want to keep just to get compliant.

Kicking the can is great when there is talent and a window but their drafting has been less then stellar compared to those 2017-2020 drafts 

It would be great if they took the division doormat title from us next year.

12 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I've heard they might have to cut Kamara.  They are projected to be 80 something million in the red on the cap next year.

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I've heard they might have to cut Kamara.  They are projected to be 80 something million in the red on the cap next year.

Not sure why they thought Carr would be the missing link. The Raiders moved on for a reason. Now they stuck with a aging Care for another few years at least.