• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barnwell Trade Idea: Bryce Young <-> Dolphins

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I was confused thinking Brooks would be coming back in trade but I see now you mean our Brooks. 

Also, Sanders has looked much better this season, to me, than last. He is running hard. fwiw. 

Yeah do it. It's good for Sanders too.

Blackshear or whoever can take his snaps if Brooks isn't ready for that much work. Plus Brooks would be taking snaps from Sanders, at the least, anyway so that works for me. 

Edited by strato

10 minutes ago, strato said:

I was confused thinking Brooks would be coming back in trade but I see now you mean our Brooks. 

Also, Sanders has looked much better this season, to me, than last. He is running hard. fwiw. 

Yeah do it. It's good for Sanders too.

Blackshear or whoever can take his snaps if Brooks isn't ready for that much work. Plus Brooks would be taking snaps from Sanders, at the least, anyway so that works for me. 

Sanders looks good receiving but not so much in the run game with a 3.3 yard average which is the same as last year. His best game he has had 32 yards and the next best was 22. 

Someone else might get something more out of him but it's not happening here even with good line blocking. 

31 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

the problem with trading Miles Sanders to KC for a draft pick is that KC would have to pay the remainder of Miles Sanders current contract 

& they just got Kareem Hunt whom by the way cost them hardly anything 

Edited by bandu

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Sanders looks good receiving but not so much in the run game with a 3.3 yard average which is the same as last year. His best game he has had 32 yards and the next best was 22. 

Someone else might get something more out of him but it's not happening here even with good line blocking. 

I just said he was running hard, which I saw in the first game and he still is. Not that he was tearing anything up... I didn't mean to imply that. Seems like he is not dogging anything though. 

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, bandu said:

lol that's all the Panthers have done now for almost 2 years is invest  in the development of Bryce Young .& here we are 2 coaches later  one a former NFL Qb & the other one a Qb guru ,2 second round WR 's Jonathan Mingo & XL  , 2 FA WR additions  in Adam Theilen & Diontae Johnson & 2 of the highest paid oLinemen in the NFL Damien Lewis & Robert Hunt & still after all that  BY has managed to somehow continually take a step back 

so you tell me exactly what it is that we need to  to make Bryce Young a better QB ?

We need someone to take him off our hands. The team will have to eat the cap hit when it immediately accerates to put them over the cap. The worst part will be when someone else gets cut to get them back under the cap and to sign his replacement.  The hits ain't over yet.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

51 minutes ago, bandu said:

lol that's all the Panthers have done now for almost 2 years is invest  in the development of Bryce Young .& here we are 2 coaches later  one a former NFL Qb & the other one a Qb guru ,2 second round WR 's Jonathan Mingo & XL  , 2 FA WR additions  in Adam Theilen & Diontae Johnson & 2 of the highest paid oLinemen in the NFL Damien Lewis & Robert Hunt & still after all that  BY has managed to somehow continually take a step back 

so you tell me exactly what it is that we need to  to make Bryce Young a better QB ?

CFL. 

• Beer 1

I just honestly don't see how you get anyone to trade for Bryce based on what he's looked like in an NFL field. Especially watching Dalton in the same offenses. It'd be one thing if the vet came in and looked every bit as bad but when the journeyman over the hill vets comes in and all of a sudden the offense is dramatically better under two different couching staffs? Ouch.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I mean he was.

Louis Riddick was the only guy I seen say we should draft Stroud #1

Looking at some old Louis Riddick articles...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/story/_/id/39935091/2024-nfl-draft-louis-riddick-favorite-prospects-class-sleeper-daniels-nabers-wiggins

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/story/_/id/36109804/2023-nfl-draft-louis-riddick-favorite-prospects-class-sleepers-watch-cj-stroud-jahmyr-gibbs-darnell-wright

We need to throw him a bag to become our new GM!!!

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just honestly don't see how you get anyone to trade for Bryce based on what he's looked like in an NFL field. Especially watching Dalton in the same offenses. It'd be one thing if the vet came in and looked every bit as bad but when the journeyman over the hill vets comes in and all of a sudden the offense is dramatically better under two different couching staffs? Ouch.

I could see it if his contract didn't exist.  If he was a free agent and there were no strings attached, someone would kick the tires on him.  But his contract makes him essentially untradeable IMO.  The rookie pay scale is friendlier to teams than it was before it existed.  But the first overall pick still gets a relatively big contract for a player that may or may not be any good.

• Pie 1