• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barnwell Trade Idea: Bryce Young <-> Dolphins

6 minutes ago, AceMan said:

Never happen. Did you see him commenting on Bryce's benching? I used to have big respect for that guy, football wise. No more.

14 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I could see it if his contract didn't exist.  If he was a free agent and there were no strings attached, someone would kick the tires on him.  But his contract makes him essentially untradeable IMO.  The rookie pay scale is friendlier to teams than it was before it existed.  But the first overall pick still gets a relatively big contract for a player that may or may not be any good.

So didn't we pay his signing bonus in full or at least it stays on our cap? I am really, always confused with these cap things. 

He has roster bonuses if I am correct that will pass. His year three salary isn't that much by any QB standards, around 1m and the roster bonus is 3m or so. Low enough to round down. The whole two years maxes at around 11 million. If I am right about us paying the signing bonus and only the future roster bonus and salary goes with him (The roster bonus for 2024 is paid and the remaining salary is 'only' 915,000. Which if he went today would have maybe 600k left for this year on his new team). 

Edited by strato

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

but but but he was #1 on everyones board.......

I mean his college tape is fine and we’ll never know where he really was on folk’s boards. But he needed to be the genius super computer he was hyped up to be. His NFL tape is damning. Sometimes everything being just 1% beyond someone’s capabilities makes them look 1000% worse. I don’t hate the guy but I just can’t stand the optimism or sportswriter BS. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I mean his college tape is fine and we’ll never know where he really was on folk’s boards. But he needed to be the genius super computer he was hyped up to be. His NFL tape is damning. Sometimes everything being just 1% beyond someone’s capabilities makes them look 1000% worse. I don’t hate the guy but I just can’t stand the optimism or sportswriter BS. 

His college tape is fine for college.  But if many on here, and yeah there were a ton of us, that saw his weak build, how his passes floated without zip and how he bailed from a clean pocket then I got to think professional scouts saw the same thing.  Nah we will never know but there were reports that he was completely off draft boards for various reasons.  Again we are rehashing but the s2 came out and the teppers were in awe of that and thats when the vegas odds flipped. 

If you are talking about the talking head scouts then fug them, they just say the things they get tipped with etc.  A few outliers like Hodge, Simms etc called this from the jump but they are not with any national media so they have the freedom to say it. 

At the time of the draft my 9th grade son was the exact same size of Bryce minus 10ish pounds.  I knew that poo wasnt going to cut it in the nfl. 

• Pie 2