• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My prediction in 3 years - Panthers return to their roots

hepcat

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You HAVE to give Canales more time. You can't keep burning through coaches. It's already the least desirable job in the league.

Why is it the least desirable job? Aside from lack of talent, we have an owner that has admitted he makes his football opinions very well known in the front office. He's made extremely poor executive decisions and continues to try to pretend he's the smartest guy in the room. 

JMO but this is the least desirable job in the NFL because we have an owner that can't help himself exercising a football "expertise" that's been repeatedly bested by a fan message board. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Why is it the least desirable job? Aside from lack of talent, we have an owner that has admitted he makes his football opinions very well known in the front office. He's made extremely poor executive decisions and continues to try to pretend he's the smartest guy in the room. 

JMO but this is the least desirable job in the NFL because we have an owner that can't help himself exercising a football "expertise" that's been repeatedly bested by a fan message board. 

And here I am thinking it was the bear mascot's fault the whole time.

• Pie 3

Here's the thing: there's absolutely no guarantee that works. 

What this team needs above all else is talent and stability. 

You can't get talent if you keep going "all in" on bandaid fixes. 

You can't have stability if you keep turning over the entire front office and coaching staff. 

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Here's the thing: there's absolutely no guarantee that works. 

What this team needs above all else is talent and stability. 

You can't get talent if you keep going "all in" on bandaid fixes. 

You can't have stability if you keep turning over the entire front office and coaching staff. 

Along those lines, and it is not to downplay the two guards Morgan bought, but I was thinking you don't need superman at every position. First of all, how can you do that? Can't. But the point is you need good players on the OL and teach them to work together. Teamwork and execution is a major equalizer. 

To your point, you don't get that without some stability. And continuity. It is really clear.

Some things don't change, getting to the quarterback is number one priority. But no half measure like Burns. I don't mind that we didn't make that investment, we didn't compound our mistake on that one.

Especially with no Luke and TD second line, we at least need a faux Peppers and Rucker to go beside DB. A'Shawn looks much better in a sidekick role. Everybody does. It is kind of like when we jumped Theilen with Diontae, everyone got better. 

Edited by strato

Call me crazy, but so far Tepper has stayed to the side, our draft is looking promising, and if we hadn't been cursed with injuries we would be in a MUCH better spot.  Things are better than last year, period.  DC had the stones to end the BY disaster when it needed to be ended.  Even if BY ends up starting again at the end of the year, DC showed no one is above the team.

Pete Carroll was an extremely underappreciated coach.  If the Seahawks weren't such a rival to us back in the day maybe more of us would share that opinion.  We are headed in the correct direction.  Buffalo, Detroit, Washington, even San Fran had extended periods of struggle before they figured it out.  I'd put DC ahead of many of the coaches most of those teams had during their struggles.  DC and DM being able to pick their own defensive coordinator might be the missing link for full alignment of the team vision.

My 2 cents....