• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stop the obsession with the QB position

TheMaulClaw

7 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I saw it but I didn't think scoring was a problem. I watched the game and didn't come away thinking our quarterback was the reason we lost. I came away from the game thinking if we had a defense we would probably be in contention for the division. Which is why I say let's start building a team and not focusing on going all in on a quarterback every year.

Dalton is 36 and our other QB is bust young, We have to pickup a QB in FA or the draft. You cant seriously go into another season with only these 2 as your viable QB options.

Dalton isnt even under contract for next season....

I do not view this panthers team as fixable, at least without years of correct drafting.

*BUT* I swear neither the texans or commies had much more talent than carolina and they drafted one QB thats lead them out of the darkness year one... Thats hard to ignore. Bungals were 20 year losers, drafted burrow; got sacked 70 times and still changed the team into winners....(nearly SB winners). 

I just dont have the QB hope, but there are examples.... 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 5

45 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I do not view this panthers team as fixable, at least without years of correct drafting.

*BUT* I swear neither the texans or commies had much more talent than carolina and they drafted one QB thats lead them out of the darkness year one... Thats hard to ignore. Bungals were 20 year losers, drafted burrow; got sacked 70 times and still changed the team into winners....(nearly SB winners). 

I just dont have the QB hope, but there are examples.... 

This is fun: https://www.chicagobears.com/news/huge-trade-a-gift-that-keeps-on-giving-for-bears-panthers-2023-dj-moore-draft

And we'd sure be happier today if we had used the pick at least correctly. 

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

Dalton is 36 and our other QB is bust young, We have to pickup a QB in FA or the draft. You cant seriously go into another season with only these 2 as your viable QB options.

Dalton isnt even under contract for next season....

Agreed, but we don't need to reach either.  I have no problem trading back assuming we get the number 1 pick.  We need to do what Chicago did to us.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

48 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Agreed, but we don't need to reach either.  I have no problem trading back assuming we get the number 1 pick.  We need to do what Chicago did to us.

Nobody is that stupid. That was some Fitterer foolery. 

I doubt we have the number one pick, and we shouldn't trade back unless we think that our guy is going to be there. 

• Beer 1

QB is the most important position on a football team, possibly in all sports. You aren’t making many playoffs without an above average qb now, maybe you could back when defenses could actually play defense and running the ball was more important. 

But as heavy as this upcoming draft is with quality defensive players we need to shelve any thoughts of taking a QB, fix the defense and give your rookie Qb in 26 a decent foundation to build on.