• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we now actively pulling for David Tepper to fail?

Panthers Fan 69

even if  Tepper was to get lucky again  like he did when Wilkes almost took the team to the playoffs it would not take him long to screw a good thing up

so yeah I think Tepper will always be a loser in the NFL...

AFA wanting him to fail, I think the only real way out of it might be if his marriage failed and the wife went after the team in the settlement, and things got so bad he just said fug it take the team leave me alone. I'll just buy another team.

This is an mildly interesting story, if anyone remembers Georgia Frontiere - who inherited majority stake in the Rams. There isn't a parallel because she inherited the team. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Frontiere

22 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Tepper embarrassed or miserable?  Its a nice thought but I highly doubt it, more like

spacer.png

I know his pride is taking a beating. He's very unaccustomed to getting beat down and embarrassed and not being able to just bully his way through any problem with his wealth. Financially he's obviously doing fantastically but he really does want to win and he's really trying and that's why it's gotta be embarrassing.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know his pride is taking a beating. He's very unaccustomed to getting beat down and embarrassed and not being able to just bully his way through any problem with his wealth. Financially he's obviously doing fantastically but he really does want to win and he's really trying and that's why it's gotta be embarrassing.

yea...money can't buy everything....

A lot of us have probably seen this in our jobs. I plied my trade for a long time and at one point worked some with a rich amateur. He thought because he whipped ass to make his money in business wheeling and dealing that he knew my business that I had been doing for probably well over 15 years at the time. Wrong.

It was embarrassing and eventually I told him to lose my number. But that's the way things work too often. 

Actually he never learned but it was talent and skill based occupation and all the love you might have for it doesn't help much if you aren't able to perform to whatever level. 

Tepper does not have that hurdle, he only has to know he doesn't know. That's a challenge too though, as we have seen. I really am hoping he is being shown the light. He has been in trial and error school now for long enough.