• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we now actively pulling for David Tepper to fail?

Panthers Fan 69

33 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'd like to know if he still having his Monday morning meetings. If he is he's still involved. 

I don't think the meetings, or wanting them, is a problem in itself.

It is more like him ignoring his limitations next to professionals, and using his power to feed his ego in those meetings that would wrench things up. 

3 minutes ago, strato said:

I don't think the meetings, or wanting them, is a problem in itself.

It is more like him ignoring his limitations next to professionals, and using his power to feed his ego in those meetings that would wrench things up. 

It is directly involving himself in the daily activities of the coaches. If he were having a meeting with the managers of each department, of which Canales is not, I might agree. He can meet with Dan all he likes outside of football decisions. But at no time should he be discussing anything related to the football coaching or player related issues with anyone other than Dan Morgan. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It is directly involving himself in the daily activities of the coaches. If he were having a meeting with the managers of each department, of which Canales is not, I might agree. He can meet with Dan all he likes outside of football decisions. But at no time should he be discussing anything related to the football coaching or player related issues with anyone other than Dan Morgan. 

That is the key to meeting with the coaches. Just get the progress report. Ask, if you want, what they think of how player x is doing? What plans are in store? What do we think of the team we are facing Sunday? 

That's all fine, or there is no harm in it. Don't cross the line and inject yourself into the decision making on the day to day. 

adding: it probably wouldn't kill anything if he asked why a certain decision was made, as long as he just gathers the info and doesn't start with the 'suggesting'. 

Edited by strato

3 minutes ago, strato said:

That is the key to meeting with the coaches. Just get the progress report. Ask, if you want, what they think of how player x is doing? What plans are in store? What do we think of the team we are facing Sunday? 

That's all fine, or there is no harm in it. Don't cross the line and inject yourself into the decision making on the day to day. 

adding: it probably wouldn't kill anything if he asked why a certain decision was made, as long as he just gathers the info and doesn't start with the 'suggesting'. 

None of that's fine. It influences the coaches decisions. That's what Dan is for.

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

None of that's fine. It influences the coaches decisions. That's what Dan is for.

I suppose. It wouldn't bother me. I think Canales has shown he can deal with it. But you don't have to think the same as me, let's leave it here.

2 minutes ago, strato said:

I suppose. It wouldn't bother me. I think Canales has shown he can deal with it. But you don't have to think the same as me, let's leave it here.

It just goes to show he's still too involved with the day to day football decisions.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It just goes to show he's still too involved with the day to day football decisions.

Sure, but at the same time as an owner and paycheck signer, certain inside stuff would be something I'd want.

I am going to hopefully hire a person I'd respect enough to allow them to do their job and shoot me straight about stuff if I had questions. I know I'd have curiosity about whatever was going on.

The actual rigidity of a weekly meeting is probably not necessary for that to happen. 

Just now, strato said:

Sure, but at the same time as an owner and paycheck signer, certain inside stuff would be something I'd want.

I am going to hopefully hire a person I'd respect enough to allow them to do their job and shoot me straight about stuff if I had questions. I know I'd have curiosity about whatever was going on.

The actual rigidity of a weekly meeting is probably not necessary for that to happen. 

That's how you would do things, like a fan. If you want professionals to make their own decisions then you have an accountant do the payroll and just watch the games from your luxury suite. Discuss the state of the team with the coach and GM after the season is over. Other than that stay the hell away from the team. 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That's how you would do things, like a fan. If you want professionals to make their own decisions then you have an accountant do the payroll and just watch the games from your luxury suite. Discuss the state of the team with the coach and GM after the season is over. Other than that stay the hell away from the team. 

That works if the owner isn't a fan too. 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That's why we are where we are. It's OK the be a fan. It's not OK to think you know how to run the show and influence those that do.

I don't disagree with that at all. I guess the crux is how much the person is susceptible to being influenced. 

I thought that had something to do with Wilks not being more seriously considered; Tepper wanted a yes man. Why Frank was probably gone. 

Maybe he has learned, because I don't think Canales went for that yes man stuff after a certain point.