• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we now actively pulling for David Tepper to fail?

I have become so disillusioned with tepper that I have literally zero hope we will be good again with him as the owner. He is too involved to ever have a stable, consistently winning organization. We may be an average team again, we might even make the playoffs one day, but to build an organization like the Ravens or Steelers who are consistently good teams and have sustained runs of success you have to have solid ownership. It's the literal bedrock which you build upon. 

I think our only hope is that he becomes so frustrated by people calling him out that he decides he'd rather retire in Miami and not have to listen to people constantly drag his name through the mud. The problem with that is, I truly don't think he cares what anyone else thinks. It's a hallmark of a narcissist. 

In his mind I think he keeps thinking that he is one next "big move" away from hitting the jackpot. It's ironic we play Washington this weekend but in his mind he will probably use their success this season to say "see all you need is Jaden Daniels." And then convince himself someone like Cam Ward is that person, who we will overdraft and yet again be stuck right where we are now. 

• Beer 1

I don’t understand some of these threads. I don’t like him either, but he will never sell this team unless he does some diddy stuff and the other owners make him. 

hate him all you want but he will never be shamed into selling. Ever. It’s a license to print money. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, ImfromClayton said:

I don’t understand some of these threads. I don’t like him either, but he will never sell this team unless he does some diddy stuff and the other owners make him. 

hate him all you want but he will never be shamed into selling. Ever. It’s a license to print money. 

Maybe he went to a FREAK OFF. 

(I was thinking about marital discord and an argument over the assets, Nicole might help us out)

Edited by strato

2 hours ago, ImfromClayton said:

And the NFL doesn't want him gone. His wealth helps increase the attraction and value of the product.

He owns the team I've been a fan of since I was 25....that's over half my life.

Do I want him to fail? To what end, that he sells the team? Unrealistic expectation for the next 10-15 years.

So do I want the team to lose just to make him look worse? Hell no.

Do I want the team to win? Absolutely yes.

Do I care about how it makes him look? Absofuginlutely not.

I want the team to win and i don't care who owns it.... whether i like the owner or not. Who it is just doesn't matter to me.

I just want to win. That should be everyone's main focus. If you want the team to lose just because you hate the owner..... sorry, that's just weak.

• Beer 3

32 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

A fair number of people were rooting for his failure from the moment he bought the team because he’s not a good ol boy. 

I don't remember why I didn't like him, but it has proven to be a fairly insightful reaction to date.