• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Fowler: Panthers aren’t eager to trade Diontae Johnson

I would keep him if he wants to stay and at the right price(not top 10 WR money). Say $15-20 milish

I would trade him if we get an offer for a 3rd or more(assuming he doesn't want to stay or would be very expensive).

Otherwise, just keep him this year and help the offensive overall be better. Let him help the younger WR's by just being on the team at all.

IDGAF about a 4th round or lower pick for a player that helps us like he does.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

There is no guarantee he wants to leave and ESPN has had a story recently that reports say he would like to remain a Panther so who knows what the truth is but im guessing Dan Morgan may so if he isnt traded assume they are currently trying to work a contract out with him that would be fair for both sides.

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

most likely waiting for a better offer from a team 

worst case scenario, we keep him for rest of season and he walks in FA, we end up with a 3rd or 4th round comp pick 

With the guys set to hit the open market we will be signing people in free agency to fill needs so I'm not sure we would ever get that comp pick.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

why would he possibly sign here with all of our instability?

It appears there is a chance of him resigning from a recent past article. Lots of instability on many teams out there. he wants to be a number 1 and here he would be for at least the next couple seasons. I could see him signing a couple year deal here. He appears to be happy with his now opportunities with Dalton at QB. Dalton is not a top 3 QB in the NFL but he is no slouch and is capable of throwing the ball into his hands downfield as Bryce was not. 

Johnson is being told things you and I are not also. He may be aware that Dalton could be back next season throwing to him or that their plans are to have someone throwing him the ball who is capable of being an NFL QB and making the throws. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and there is no major instability other than Dalton could b the bridge until a permanent young QB is found who can make the throws. Yes the defense sucks but I would guess that will be worked on in the off season. The coach is not going anywhere so no coaching instability and if Johnson likes him then that adds to remaining. He is schemed here to be the number 1 and will be next season as well to see which new rookie WR's develop (hopefully both with Coker and Legette) but he appears to be the number 1 for the foreseeable future so I dont see a problem with paying him a fair wage for the next few seasons if they can come to terms on what is fair to both sides. But i just dont see all this instability spoken of. Yep, our drafted QB is a bust and he was replaced with an old bridge guy who can get the job done with the hopes of finding a more long term guy soon I am sure. Other than this I dont see extreme instability here. I see a team that isnt very good which needs help in various places but the O-line is there to protect Dalton or any young (not Bryce Young) QB who can make NFL throws and if the QB has time then Johnson can get balls thrown his way which he wants. He wants number 1 guy, he has that here.

• Pie 1