• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Fowler: Panthers aren’t eager to trade Diontae Johnson

Trade Johnson and this offense is unwatchable.

For goodness sakes sign the man already. His name is a hot name in trade rumors because he actually has talent. Keep him you morons!

If you cheap then enjoy Mingo being your #2 WR. Let's see how that works out.

Fools!

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

25 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Trade Johnson and this offense is unwatchable.

For goodness sakes sign the man already. His name is a hot name in trade rumors because he actually has talent. Keep him you morons!

If you cheap then enjoy Mingo being your #2 WR. Let's see how that works out.

Fools!

If they are gonna play Young may as well trade him. 

But otherwise it is exactly what to say if you want the best price. 

Johnson is a legit number 1 WR and we need to lock him down.  He's performing and this is with average QB play.  Legette has potential to be a number 1,  but he's still pretty raw and needs some time to develop.  

We would have to overpay to keep him. He was always a rental. I would guess he is already looking forward to his free agency payday.

His base pay is 7 mil this year was a weird flex for a guy on his last year of his deal.

Anyone on this team is on the trading block for the right price imo. The hard reality is that even with a good o-line, veteran QB, and decent weapons we're still the worst team in the NFL. That's when you know it's over for the next couple of seasons, so ANY advantageous trade should be taken imo. Now Morgan and Canales are fighting for their jobs, so they'll want to hang on to productive players and may pass on a sweet deal. Like Fitt passed on two first round picks for Burns because he had a win now gotta' save my job mentality. Drop a Steph Curry QB into place and we're winning. It was a fantasy. We need reality. I want a GM like Gettleman but with actual draft evaluation abilities. 

Edited by pantherj
  • Beer 2

I would be trying like hell to resign him right now, but I bet his camp is wanting him to hit the open market this offseason. If he isn't going to re-sign no matter what we offer then it makes sense to trade him but the compensation is going to be bad 

4 minutes ago, RJK said:

You can’t resign him and you’re not playing for anything. Why keep him around? 

Because I think they hope to actually resign him and I think it kind of makes sense for him as well.  He wants to be the undisputed alpha in the receiver room, and here in carolina its pretty obvious we'll give him that reign, many other places, hes splitting the role with other alpha type personalities.  Unlike hubbard, he is playing a position that does get highly paid in the NFL, so IMO, we lock him up this offseason and chuba walks (or my preference is we trade him to dallas or another RB needy team).