• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Kaye: Panthers might start Bryce Young final 7 games

TheSpecialJuan

On 10/17/2024 at 7:21 AM, Navy_football said:

Yeah, but you've got to give him another chance. Contrary to what folk want to believe, Bryce's problems are mostly mental not physical.

If this team was only giving a player 18 games to show who they were, they would have given up on Derrick Brown and Chuba. 

Some players take longer to develop. Some never develop. I do agree that they should have a short leash on him though. Maybe when they're mathematically eliminated, give him the last 4 games or so. 

I recall Brown’s rookie year being pretty strong and maybe his 2nd had some sophomore slump qualities to it, but nothing that concerning. 

It doesn’t matter what is causing Bryce’s issues. No rookie at any level has played QB this poorly and turned it around. He’s not going to get better. It’s a disservice to the other players on the team who have a future. They don’t deserve to be hamstrung. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Is this a joke ?

No wonder I have checked out on this trash team

He is only answering the question because the media trolls asked it (that is what putting him on the field brings you).

A tornado could hit practice and he'd say it gave us a great opportunity to work on keeping our kicks low into the wind. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, strato said:

He is only answering the question because the media trolls asked it (that is what putting him on the field brings you).

A tornado could hit practice and he'd say it gave us a great opportunity to work on keeping our kicks low into the wind. 

As someone else mentioned on here I am also sick of this mr positivity schtick.  Id rather have a bellacheat like coach who gets pissed with dumb questions and lets everyone know it.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

As someone else mentioned on here I am also sick of this mr positivity schtick.  Id rather have a bellacheat like coach who gets pissed with dumb questions and lets everyone know it.

I am not actually pissed myself, though that isn't 'me' at all. But I was concerned when he first came in with that. He is kind of a strange duck in some ways

I have seen where he does what he needs to do, like if someone isn't doing the job. Personally, I don't think it means he is soft. 

Our sack leader is on the practice squad for whatever reason. Tepper's prize baby QB is on the bench. After two games. He has standards and is clear about that. 

I like making fun of it though if I get a chance.

I am a non positive type and will get all perfectionist, that can be just as bad. Old Bill, his poo didn't work unless he had the talent. Probably the same with the fiercely positive style. I think both can work. 

And a guy like that can also have a 'bad cop' that allows him to be the happy guy. 

1 hour ago, Donald LaFell said:

It doesn’t matter what is causing Bryce’s issues. No rookie at any level has played QB this poorly and turned it around. He’s not going to get better. It’s a disservice to the other players on the team who have a future. They don’t deserve to be hamstrung. 

Different eras but Bradshaw and Steve Young were both awful and benched. The one advantage Bryce has over Dalton is the broken play. He overthrew a bunch of these last year. I’m sorry but who cares if Dionte Johnson pouts cause he doesn’t get his measly 70 yards like he’s some Davante Adams. If a legit superstar had gripes, so be it, but this motley crue of WR3’s need to zip it. The only opinions that matter are the OL. If they don’t want to block for Bryce, then your qb decision is made for you.