• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Kaye: Panthers might start Bryce Young final 7 games

TheSpecialJuan

39 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

With all due respect 7 games isn't going to make or break Johnson's career. He's already a hot name in trade rumors. 

If Bryce is bad we simply move on. The season is already over my man.

Aren't you ready to move on from this Bryce speculation?

Again, it’s not about making or breaking anyone’s career. I don’t get what is so hard to understand. Thielen was showing signs of irritation in the first two games of the year. It wasn’t about losing. It wasn’t about stats. It was all the times either he was open and ignored or the ball was thrown at his feet/over his head.  Any competitor wants to be given a chance to compete, whether that’s game to game or play to play, they want balls they can catch. Not for stats, for personal satisfaction. That has a huge impact on morale.  

and there is no “if”. I’ve long moved on from Bryce speculation, as most have. No one needs to see seven more games to confirm what is already painfully obvious. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Bryce’s limitations are physical.  No amount of standing on the sideline will change that. Players, fans… everyone knows that. The media wants the sideshow to continue so they throw this out to try to influence the team’s actions. 

Dave doing this is a big F all of you to the locker room. Bryce is a completely embarrassing, mostly on him guaranteed L where 10 fans show up to the stadium and the sideshow can continue.

Andy is a probable L where he shoulders some blame but he will perform as an NFL qb should. We are guaranteed to see at least a few ‘hell yes’ type plays where WRs look like actual WRs. 

Bryce gets the start and keeps playing? You will have guys up for contracts extensions who can’t wait to jump ship, regardless of the $. Keep Andy and draft a guy who actually flashes ability. 

There is 0.0 to gain putting BY in. He is gone either way. What, so we might, but probably not, get his trade value up from a 6th to a 3rd? What’s to gain? There is no gain. 

This either an attempt to keep this team a complete clown show or an even more desperate by the Stans to show that they weren’t wrong. 

I agree with you except one point: Bryce’s limitations are all of the above. Physical, mental and even emotional. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Again, it’s not about making or breaking anyone’s career. I don’t get what is so hard to understand. Thielen was showing signs of irritation in the first two games of the year. It wasn’t about losing. It wasn’t about stats. It was all the times either he was open and ignored or the ball was thrown at his feet/over his head.  Any competitor wants to be given a chance to compete, whether that’s game to game or play to play, they want balls they can catch. Not for stats, for personal satisfaction. That has a huge impact on morale.  

and there is no “if”. I’ve long moved on from Bryce speculation, as most have. No one needs to see seven more games to confirm what is already painfully obvious. 

I can respect this opinion. I can understand your point of view. I'm just speaking for me. I wouldn't be happy if I'm getting the ball or not. I hate losing.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The vast majority of these types of articles are speculation.  Writers have to produce content, its what they do.  Nothing real to write about, so they put out rumor they heard. Or in some cases, a rumor they started.  

Fwiw, it’s possible that they trade Bryce.  It’s possible that they keep him and don't play him.  It’s possible that they keep him and do play him. 

Yeah, I know. It is just frustrating when some of these articles titles sound like actual rumor to get you to read it and then when you do you realize that the writer has no idea and is just making stuff up. 
For some reason the media want Bryce to start again because Dalton has gotten boring. Even though if his one series against the Bears were any indication. Nothing changed and he still sucks. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

With all due respect 7 games isn't going to make or break Johnson's career. He's already a hot name in trade rumors. 

If Bryce is bad we simply move on. The season is already over my man.

Aren't you ready to move on from this Bryce speculation?

My view is that the time for speculating is long past. The evidence is clear.

And chasing your losses trying to recoup is just bad policy.

44 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Y’all really let Juan/Bryce get your blood pressure up.

yeah. I admit it, it is true. Just playing him in garbage time against a prevent starts the Bryce media lobby and stan machine up again.  Had more than enough.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, strato said:

My view is that the time for speculating is long past. The evidence is clear.

And chasing your losses trying to recoup is just bad policy.

Then why are we leaving the door open to a possible return?

If he's not the guy make it clear. Trade him. Otherwise he's just killing whatever little value he has sitting on the bench. I'm honestly sick of seeing the lil bastard smiling on the sidelines. 

A real competitor would be fighting for his job. No smiles, no laughing. We are losing games nothing should be funny on the sidelines.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Then why are we leaving the door open to a possible return?

If he's not the guy make it clear. Trade him. Otherwise he's just killing whatever little value he has sitting on the bench. I'm honestly sick of seeing the lil bastard smiling on the sidelines. 

A real competitor would be fighting for his job. No smiles, no laughing. We are losing games nothing should be funny on the sidelines.

It isn't 'we' afaic.

I would have no answer for it. Besides Snow's thoughts on appeasing Tepper. 

I am obviously where you are. But I'd rather see his narrow ass on the sidelines than on the field looking like a high school player that won the NFL QB for a day contest.

Edited by strato

15 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yeah, I know. It is just frustrating when some of these articles titles sound like actual rumor to get you to read it and then when you do you realize that the writer has no idea and is just making stuff up. 
For some reason the media want Bryce to start again because Dalton has gotten boring. Even though if his one series against the Bears were any indication. Nothing changed and he still sucks. 

Got it

I couldn't help but laugh when people talked Bryce in the Bears game. He threw ok in garbage time until the got in the red zone. But then he failed.

The question is (it is not really a question tbh), do you want to develop the young WRs and TEs, or do you want to give it another go with Bryce? These are two mutually exclusive options.

Developing WRs and TEs is the no brainer answer. Bryce is who he is, no playtime will change that, he is not part of our future.

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Ignore it. It's a means to an end.

I tried and may try again. I stayed off the board a few days after the crap started up again. 

Probably why I started that Billboard thread as a distraction and outlet for it.