• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Kaye: Panthers might start Bryce Young final 7 games

TheSpecialJuan

18 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wait the locker room is good right now. We still losing games.

What's the difference?

The Bear game was a disaster offensively. The other 3 games haven't been bad from an offense standpoint. A defense giving up 34 points a game is hard to over come. Carolina lost 2 top players last season when Luvu and Burns left. We've have been decimated by injuries, have no pass rush, cannot stop the run, and have no impact players at LB or S. 

When the offense steps on the field they know they have a chance to score some points with Dalton under center. Bryce threw 11 TDs in 2023. Dalton has thrown more than half that total in 4 starts. BY hasn't thrown a TD in his last 4 games and only 1 since Nov 2023. 

There's a big difference between Bryce Young and Andy Dalton when it comes to keeping the team competitive on the football field.

• Pie 3

Bryce’s limitations are physical.  No amount of standing on the sideline will change that. Players, fans… everyone knows that. The media wants the sideshow to continue so they throw this out to try to influence the team’s actions. 

Dave doing this is a big F all of you to the locker room. Bryce is a completely embarrassing, mostly on him guaranteed L where 10 fans show up to the stadium and the sideshow can continue.

Andy is a probable L where he shoulders some blame but he will perform as an NFL qb should. We are guaranteed to see at least a few ‘hell yes’ type plays where WRs look like actual WRs. 

Bryce gets the start and keeps playing? You will have guys up for contracts extensions who can’t wait to jump ship, regardless of the $. Keep Andy and draft a guy who actually flashes ability. 

There is 0.0 to gain putting BY in. He is gone either way. What, so we might, but probably not, get his trade value up from a 6th to a 3rd? What’s to gain? There is no gain. 

This either an attempt to keep this team a complete clown show or an even more desperate by the Stans to show that they weren’t wrong. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

So it is just a speculation article.

The vast majority of these types of articles are speculation.  Writers have to produce content, its what they do.  Nothing real to write about, so they put out rumor they heard. Or in some cases, a rumor they started.  

Fwiw, its possible that they trade Bryce.  Its possible that they keep him and don't play him.  Its possible that they keep him and do play him. 

33 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

So it is just a speculation article.

A troll the fans article IOW. 

adding: I haven't paid much attention to Mike Kaye, was he a big advocate for Bryce? Excited that he was the pick? That type of thing?

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

Agreed. This would be a bad thing. You're choosing one player's development over the whole team's fighting spirit.

I look at it as accelerating his exit from them. Tepper has to accept that Young cannot play in this league and the only way that happens is to throw his narrow ass back out there for a couple of games and watch him fail yet again. Not my rules it's Teppers. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Are you suggesting players only care about their stats?

What good is stats when you still losing games?

Dalton is not the answer either. Sure he makes games more watchable, but we have to figure out this Bryce situation sooner than later.

Last thing we need is this kid trying to prove himself again next season. Play him now and if he fails you move on. I don't want to deal with this crap again next season.

You know I agree with this. Let him sit a few more weeks to get comfortable in the offense and more familiar with the players. Then when we're eliminated from the playoffs, throw him in the deep end. Sink or swim. He can resurrect his career, or put the nail in his own coffin. Either way, no more guessing. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Candler Cat said:

once had a supervisor like Canales, would never bad mouth anyone under his charge, always positive

he still made the moves he needed to though

I am a fan.  The culture needs to stay positive--he will get his players and he will be fine.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Are you suggesting players only care about their stats?

What good is stats when you still losing games?

Dalton is not the answer either. Sure he makes games more watchable, but we have to figure out this Bryce situation sooner than later.

Last thing we need is this kid trying to prove himself again next season. Play him now and if he fails you move on. I don't want to deal with this crap again next season.

No, I’m not saying stats, I’m saying sense of accomplishment. A WR goes out and runs all his route and doesn’t get a catchable ball thrown his way he’s going to get annoyed. He goes out and is given a chance to do something, he’ll feel more accomplished. His morale will be higher. Even in defeat. 

and Bryce is already a failure. There is no point in making the rest of the team suffer even more to beat a dead horse. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

No, I’m not saying stats, I’m saying sense of accomplishment. A WR goes out and runs all his route and doesn’t get a catchable ball thrown his way he’s going to get annoyed. He goes out and is given a chance to do something, he’ll feel more accomplished. His morale will be higher. Even in defeat. 

With all due respect 7 games isn't going to make or break Johnson's career. He's already a hot name in trade rumors. 

If Bryce is bad we simply move on. The season is already over my man.

Aren't you ready to move on from this Bryce speculation?

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

With all due respect 7 games isn't going to make or break Johnson's career. He's already a hot name in trade rumors. 

If Bryce is bad we simply move on. The season is already over my man.

Aren't you ready to move on from this Bryce speculation?

If?

• Pie 1