• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Kaye: Panthers might start Bryce Young final 7 games

16 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wait the locker room is good right now. We still losing games.

What's the difference?

Winning or losing isn’t the only thing that impacts the locker room. Being competitive in losses matters, skill positions being given a chance to contribute matters. They won’t have a chance if Young is in there.

horrible idea

Because our emphasis should be about developing young players and you have to pick a one or the other…

XL, Saunders, Brooks, Mingo, Coker

OR

Bryce

if you give Bryce the the starts, you then limit the development of ALL those other players.  We know the answer on Bryce. 

Canales can go if that is his logic.  And if he playing that logic there really was no point ever going to Dalton.  

• Pie 3

Ten games in, you should have an understanding of what guys are capable of.

I think Bryce is garbage and won’t work out. BUT the staff has to give him a shot late (barring a playoff push…lol) to determine if they need to move on.

33 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Winning or losing isn’t the only thing that impacts the locker room. Being competitive in losses matters, skill positions being given a chance to contribute matters. They won’t have a chance if Young is in there.

I played football growing up I was always taught losers are losers. There is no such thing as a good loss. You play to win the game!

Tepper has poisoned the fanbase into thinking that because we are competitive yet still losing games it's all fine. Nope not in my world.

But hey I'm not judging you. If that's how you feel so be it.

• Poo 1

IF the plan is to play Bryce again, I say play him last 2 games of the season. Not 7 games. We benched him after 2 games. 7 games gives too much opportunity for him to be benched again, which if it wasn't already over after one benching...

2 games at the end of the season and you get to see what you have with him one last time (even though almost the entire fanbase is in agreeance that he isn't it). In this scenario you get 13 games with Andy in to develop/see what you have in supporting cast players.

Not saying we should throw him out there again, not saying we shouldn't. But if we do, I say last 2 games.

Edited by CarolinaLivin

17 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's true, but we also have to find out if Bryce is our guy or not. We don't have time to go through this again next season. I rather we get it out the way this year.

Johnson is a FA regardless of Bryce or not. We know he has talent with a decent QB. Our Oline is locked up. Johnson on a discount sounds good to me.

Spoiler alert - he's not.  I think Canales is already pretty sure of that.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Dalton’s immobility is a serious problem and he is regressing. He didn’t get sacked once last game had little to show for it. Dalton is a better pure thrower but there will never be explosive plays. Time for nothing to lose midget ball

Our offense has been much more explosive with Dalton in there?  In literally every facet.   Every single player on the offense has improved statistically with Dalton at qb.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

Happy ur not in Dippers circle...NFL is a tough sport...not for the faint of heart...sorry if you are offended.

It's Disrespectful and Unnecessary! Forgive my empathy for people. I believe in treating people the way they treat me. To disrespect someone, whom you do not know, because they're paid more than you make, to play a game, at a level you can't play at, doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful from a keyboard. At the very least, you can display your feelings for that person's play without calling him out of his name. When someone says something like that, they're just looking followers, others to come in and mimic their post...

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I played football growing up I was always taught losers are losers. There is no such thing as a good loss. You play to win the game!

Tepper has poisoned the fanbase into thinking that because we are competitive yet still losing games it's all fine. Nope not in my world.

But hey I'm not judging you. If that's how you feel so be it.

I’m talking about the locker room, you can tell when Bryce was in there the team was frustrated with not being given a chance to contribute or compete. With Andy there, the offensive skill players are being given opportunities. Even if they hate that they’re losing, at least they’re able to contribute and feel useful. 

Barnwell's trade column today proposed the following Young trade to the Dolphins:

The Panthers don't have much leverage in a potential Young trade, so a conditional pick in 2026 would make sense. Here, the Panthers would get a fourth-round pick with the potential for that pick to rise based on Young's performance. That pick would upgrade to a third-rounder if he throws for 1,500 yards in 2025 or a second-rounder if he makes it to 3,000 yards.

Uh, yeah I'd take that deal right now.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Barnwell's trade column today proposed the following Young trade to the Dolphins:

Uh, yeah I'd take that deal right now.

I'd take a 12 pack. And celebrate. 

Edited by strato

33 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’m talking about the locker room, you can tell when Bryce was in there the team was frustrated with not being given a chance to contribute or compete. With Andy there, the offensive skill players are being given opportunities. Even if they hate that they’re losing, at least they’re able to contribute and feel useful. 

Are you suggesting players only care about their stats?

What good is stats when you still losing games?

Dalton is not the answer either. Sure he makes games more watchable, but we have to figure out this Bryce situation sooner than later.

Last thing we need is this kid trying to prove himself again next season. Play him now and if he fails you move on. I don't want to deal with this crap again next season.

• Beer 1