• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Kaye: Panthers might start Bryce Young final 7 games

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was to save us from the embarrassment of having the offers leaked.

We have been the embarrassment of the NFL for years now. There is nothing to save us from.

Bryce is not an NFL QB. Trade him for a 7th Rd pick for all I care. I'm just ready to move on. If playing him for 7 games gets that done I can deal with the embarrassment that comes with it. But like I said earlier we were already the embarrassment even before Bryce arrived.

55 minutes ago, strato said:

You know it. It'll be fetal position time by halftime and he'll be sitting on that bench all by himself.

If that's what it takes to end this experiment once and for all then I'm all for it. Send his ass out there and tell him to cut it lose. Make Tepper eat that humiliation until he cannot take it anymore. He owns this.

• Pie 1

Frankly, it makes sense.  IMO, even though it was one drive 2 games back, Bryce looked more decisive and less of a poo show than he did in in the first 2 games.  IMO, bryce is done and is a bust, BUT, part of his benching was to sit back and see how a veteran operates week to week in the NFL.  IMO, prior to this, sadly we need to get Bryce some game reps.  IMO, I'd develop some packages and literally give him 1-2 full drives per game to see if he can do anything.  Dalton still starts (so our offensive guys can get their numbers for the offseason since presumably thats what they need), but Bryce gets his reps and see if theres even a glimmer of hope for him.

3 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Frankly, it makes sense.  IMO, even though it was one drive 2 games back, Bryce looked more decisive and less of a poo show than he did in in the first 2 games.  IMO, bryce is done and is a bust, BUT, part of his benching was to sit back and see how a veteran operates week to week in the NFL.  IMO, prior to this, sadly we need to get Bryce some game reps.  IMO, I'd develop some packages and literally give him 1-2 full drives per game to see if he can do anything.  Dalton still starts (so our offensive guys can get their numbers for the offseason since presumably thats what they need), but Bryce gets his reps and see if theres even a glimmer of hope for him.

none of that matters, he doesnt have the physical traits of a nfl qb, sitting him for 5 years isnt going to change this

• Pie 1

At least with Dalton our games are watchable. With Bryce it's a completely broken offense as defenses know he can't challenge them more than 10 yards. 

I'd say sit him and let his mystique build hopefully the dolphins bite this offseason and trade for him  

I want to keep seeing potential from our offense under Dalton. Its mostly our defense that has been complete poo. I dont want to see Bryce and we dont need to see Bryce. Bryce doesnt allow you to evaluate anyone over the course of the season. I would, along with many others, just give up following the team anymore after that.

4 minutes ago, SOJA said:

At least with Dalton our games are watchable. With Bryce it's a completely broken offense as defenses know he can't challenge them more than 10 yards. 

I'd say sit him and let his mystique build hopefully the dolphins bite this offseason and trade for him  

They could put out teasers. Cryptic stuff like the number 9 and "Coming, November 10th". Hype it up really good and try and find a ringer, like a high school kid that could throw it a long way. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Yeah we can at least argue over play calls and run/pass balance with Dalton.

Not sure what we could argue over with Bryce. Like, what will that passing chart look like this week? 

• Pie 1