• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade for Justin Fields?

NAS

57 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Darnold has certainly learned to read the field better. You just have to build around your QB once you are confident in him.

Exactly you can build a team around him, not every QB has to be elite or a future hall of famer to have success as a team

Fields could be serviceable. My problem is his attitude and the fact a young guy will get drafted sooner than later because Fields is a bridge guy. He didn't come in with a great attitude if you have heard the stories of his rookie year with Foles I believe. I'm not sure he is ready to be that guy yet and might need another year of maturity. He is a bridge guy at this point in his career, his passing skills need long-term work but he can start if the situation isn't bad. 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Fields could be serviceable. My problem is his attitude and the fact a young guy will get drafted sooner than later because Fields is a bridge guy. He didn't come in with a great attitude if you have heard the stories of his rookie year with Foles I believe. I'm not sure he is ready to be that guy yet and might need another year of maturity. He is a bridge guy at this point in his career, his passing skills need long-term work but he can start if the situation isn't bad. 

I think he has grown up a lot since then. Didn’t complain about being traded and now is being mature about being benched for Russ. 
image0.thumb.jpeg.d16898b72f29575645d33e8c4ec22d7c.jpeg

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think he has grown up a lot since then. Didn’t complain about being traded and now is being mature about being benched for Russ. 

That's a great sign. I wasn't sure where he was at now but I knew where he was coming from.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Darnold has certainly learned to read the field better. You just have to build around your QB once you are confident in him.

It's still a small sample size. Eventually Darnold is going to have one of those games he's known for. Not to mention I can recall several teams over the last 15 years or so who started off undefeated and faceplanted in the second half of the season. The Vikings are heading to Detroit to play the Lions tomorrow. Let's see how they do.

20 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's still a small sample size. Eventually Darnold is going to have one of those games he's known for. Not to mention I can recall several teams over the last 15 years or so who started off undefeated and faceplanted in the second half of the season. The Vikings are heading to Detroit to play the Lions tomorrow. Let's see how they do.

Yeah but regardless, KO has him playing better football. Even if he has a bad game every so often he is showing he can go through reads and make good decisions. He is showing it is possible with him under the right conditions. JJ helps a ton obviously. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah but regardless, KO has him playing better football. Even if he has a bad game every so often he is showing he can go through reads and make good decisions. He is showing it is possible with him under the right conditions. JJ helps a ton obviously. 

I think this conversation is a matter of what one considers to be a success. For us and what we've endured for the last 6 years or so since the second half of the 2018 season yeah we'd take what Minnesota is building 10 times out of 10. The Vikings may have found their starter for the next several years in Darnold. But the question is will he be any better than Cousins who put up some pretty impressive regular season starts but largely was underwhelming at best in the playoffs and went nowhere. We've never even seen Darnold in a playoff game. If he gets that far I'll be eager to see what transpires. But I personally wouldn't bet money on him having a Joe Flacco 2012 Ravens level playoff run with them.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, frankw said:

I think this conversation is a matter of what one considers to be a success. For us and what we've endured for the last 6 years or so since the second half of the 2018 season yeah we'd take what Minnesota is building 10 times out of 10. The Vikings may have found their starter for the next several years in Darnold. But the question is will he be any better than Cousins who put up some pretty impressive regular season starts but largely was underwhelming at best in the playoffs and went nowhere. We've never even seen Darnold in a playoff game. If he gets that far I'll be eager to see what transpires. But I personally wouldn't bet money on him having a Joe Flacco 2012 Ravens level playoff run with them.

I’m not sure they keep Darnold regardless. They seemed high on JJ before he got injured. They also seem to have a QB friendly roster and HC. I don’t think Sam is done future star, just stating he can read a defense with the right coaching and system. I don’t see what the same can’t happen for Fields. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

He sums it up exactly didnt play well in chicago replaced didnt play well in pit replaced.  Would totally be a panther move to send the steelers a 3rd or 2nd for him though lol

22 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

He sums it up exactly didnt play well in chicago replaced didnt play well in pit replaced.  Would totally be a panther move to send the steelers a 3rd or 2nd for him though lol

They aren’t trading for anyone. If anything we’re selling.