• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade for Justin Fields?

NAS

19 hours ago, ChibCU said:

No one is "magical." Some QB's are never going to make it no matter their coaching situation.

Exactly. There are only 32 starting QBs in the league. How many colleges are there? lol. Not everyone is cut out to start in the league or even be a backup.

Edited by KillerKat

13 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Why he is a good athlete terrible qb.  He did terrible with rhe bears they ditched him for a rookie qb who is way outperforming him.  He was givin every chance with steelers and is now benched for russel wilson.   I would rather any rookie

I mean, you do have to acknowledge the stark difference in situations/talent that Caleb Williams finds himself in vs what Fields did. 

Fields has great talent around him to succeed out of the gate.  Fields didn't.  

Andy Dalton in his entire, long, career....only had 1 season where he threw more INTs than TDs.  That was the team Fields found himself in. 

The Bears read both books.  How to ruin a QB and how to set a QB up for success.  Tried both. 

I would take Fields as a backup if I didn't have to give up much for him. I think he has earned and could be a legit backup in the league behind a very durable starting QB who doesn't miss a ton of games.  That's no knock of Fields as I think Russel Wilson is done and feel like at this point Fields will take the job back from Wilson before seasons out. Of course I'm biased because Russel Wilson gives me the creeps with his extreme level of awkwardness and just plain weirdness. He is about as fake as they get and apparently a master at convincing others that he still has anything left. In Seattle I don't know if it was his skill or guys like Tyler Lockett who didn't get enough credit for coming down with his hail Marys he would just randomly throw up.