• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade for Justin Fields?

NAS

6 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Baker Mayfield

Kyle Trask

John Wolford

Old Geno Smith

Drew Lock

Jacob Eason

Russell Wilson

Alex McGough

Brett Hundley

Austin Davis

These are the QBs that Canales has worked with as Pass Game Coordinator, QB Coach, and OC. I get the feeling he prefers pocket QBs.

Was he involved in the decisions to draft any of those guys? Because if not then that assumption has no basis.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

On 10/15/2024 at 6:16 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

Repeat after me.  Canales is not some magical qb whisperer.   It was a fallacy from the jump. 

No one is "magical." Some QB's are never going to make it no matter their coaching situation.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

No but Dan Morgan had a hand in a few.

I am thinking he wasn't a big influence in QB evaluation given his background. I wouldn't lean on him for that personally.

Out of that list though, it isn't about who decided to draft them. It is about the track record after coming to the NFL and how they are viewed potential wise going forward. An under the radar guy that we could get without mortgaging too much fits our situation right now, probably. 

I read some Bucs stuff while looking for the Canales and Mayfield narrative and came across some reporting on Canales comments and also fan and media opinions that the competition in preseason/camp 2023 was very close between Trask and Mayfield. So it might be something to keep in mind. We're gonna need a backup maybe.

Also I remember someone saying that when he came in here there was talk of them wanting to pursue Lock. 

Don't shoot the messenger I am just relaying what I read. I don't know poo about either player.

2 minutes ago, strato said:

I am thinking he wasn't a big influence in QB evaluation given his background. I wouldn't lean on him for that personally.

Out of that list though, it isn't about who decided to draft them. It is about the track record after coming to the NFL and how they are viewed potential wise going forward. An under the radar guy that we could get without mortgaging too much fits our situation right now, probably. 

I read some Bucs stuff while looking for the Canales and Mayfield narrative and came across some reporting on Canales comments and also fan and media opinions that the competition in preseason/camp 2023 was very close between Trask and Mayfield. So it might be something to keep in mind. We're gonna need a backup maybe.

Also I remember someone saying that when he came in here there was talk of them wanting to pursue Lock. 

Don't shoot the messenger I am just relaying what I read. I don't know poo about either player.

I think the Lock talk was just wild assumptions just because he worked with him. Grasping at straws kinda thing to be the first to report something that could happen. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I think the Lock talk was just wild assumptions just because he worked with him. Grasping at straws kinda thing to be the first to report something that could happen. 

I am not going to look for what I saw but it was specific to Dan and Dave, so maybe it was kind of real? It was mentioned, I think, that he had already decided to sign wherever the hell he signed and it wasn't an option. It was likely for a backup job anyway, I would guess. Considering the situation they inherited.

Just a tidbit though I am surely not invested in the idea. 

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

This is how a real professional QB reacts to being benched.

So they really benched him. Wilson must better than I figured, I wanted nothing to do with him.

I do have to say, Young said something similar. Like, the ball touches my hands every play... and that he didn't play well enough or something close to it.

27 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Benching Fields is going to backfire.

Wilson isn't exactly a great team guy either. If he doesn't play well players could turn on him quick.

Maybe it will help him. Although I really don't know why but if Wilson is benched it might, to go play knowing the job is yours.