• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade for Justin Fields?

NAS

27 minutes ago, strato said:

Man, it is the classic boss driven edict type poo as far I am concerned. Number one goal is.... QB always to so many people, unless you have one. Mr Billionaire wanted his star, and he was going to get him no matter what. 

You can split hairs with the Hurney or the Fitterer motivations and alleged advice but there isn't a doubt in my mind who was driving that bus. 

Hey look. I am argued out after a year and a half of this Bryce Young poo. Believe what you want I would like to say something without it turning into anything other than an opinion. 

I said from the jump that I knew Canales wasn't ready but I was going to give him the year. Morgan gets the same rope. 

So I am just not joining in any lynch mob mentality, I want to see the positive and the potential. It requires some patience.

It's the NFL. If you don't have a QB you don't have your biggest need. It's plainly a QB driven league. Also blame Hurney for the one player away mantra he was known for that still lingers here after the endless retools. 

Yeah Hurney was driving the bus. That was confirmed. Until he gave his blessing the Rhule hire wasn't moving forward. Go read his take on that process at Rhule's house. Now the management after that is a big Tepper issue that's just morphed into whatever it really is this year with his PR awareness awakening. 

Morgan was here last year and some of the failures were his responsibilities last year as pro-personnel guy. Canales is just the dude they picked up because it was such an unwanted job with Young, Tepper and Morgan getting promoted. 

It's not a lynch mob. There are no torches. There are also no curves for wishful thinking coming from me. It's just calling it as I see it. If any of those people gets fired at the end of the year there are justifications at this point. I see positives and negatives but the tally I'm counting just isn't good right now. 

Edit: Hurney was Tepper's first real guy to be leaned on in a time when he was learning to be an owner. Stuff rubbed off on him and it's obvious if you look at that history. Young was such a 'one player away' move it was like Hurney's ghost was in the room. Hell it was like Clausen 2.0 but they had a 1st and no JR to nix that trade. Just saying. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'd take him, I'd rather have a dual threat than whatever Bryce qualifies as.

If we're using Bryce as the line, then every QB in the NFL would qualify.  Fields would have been a lot more exciting to watch than most of what we've had since he was drafted.  But I don't think he's the guy.  Maybe he can hang on in the league long enough to figure it out like Geno.

• Beer 1