• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade for Justin Fields?

NAS

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

PFF is indicating that Fields is not the guy from the Steelers we need to trade for.

Screenshot_20241015_173936.thumb.jpg.42560017e5ea0089ebee468969cb837e.jpg

Nope. He isn't the QB we need from them. It's the other QB they have with a much better career winning percentage, similar career QB rating and at times considered an elite player by much of the Huddle. It also happens he is in the last year of his deal.

We need to go out and get.....

Screenshot_20241015_173954.thumb.jpg.fdc7348e47c2dedce438d5057368ac9f.jpg

• Flames 1

27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

PFF is indicating that Fields is not the guy from the Steelers we need to trade for.

Screenshot_20241015_173936.thumb.jpg.42560017e5ea0089ebee468969cb837e.jpg

Nope. He isn't the QB we need from them. It's the other QB they have with a much better career winning percentage, similar career QB rating and at times considered an elite player by much of the Huddle. It also happens he is in the last year of his deal.

We need to go out and get.....

Screenshot_20241015_173954.thumb.jpg.fdc7348e47c2dedce438d5057368ac9f.jpg

lol I was thinking there is no way he is suggesting what I think. You got me on it. Good one! 

• Beer 1

Also no I wouldn’t trade any draft picks for anyone. I’d do the opposite. If someone offers a decent pick for a player, they can have it. I’m not against signing Fields in the offseason without having to give up anything as he is a free agent. He can be a good bridge QB who still has potential. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

58 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, I would be okay with Fields at the right price. You have to understand it is going to be a downgrade from Dalton in terms of the passing game. He would add an element of explosiveness to our already pretty decent running attack but he would aid in stunting the growth of our younger WR's, as he is a bottom quarter of the league passer. 

Just understand that choosing him as a future starter would be a pretty dramatic offensive limitation in the passing game. He is not likely to ever ascend above more than a slightly below average NFL passer at his peak.

I mean, still way better than Bryce but....

I don’t consider it a downgrade at all. 

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He is likely to be on his last legs as the starter there. Tomlin has as much as intimated that. I would say he has maybe 1-2 games left before they roll out Russell.

It’s stupid to bench him for Wilson.  They are winning with Fields and room exists for growth.  Plus, unlike Wilson, teammates always dig Fields. 

Wilson is annoying and on the decline.  

• Beer 1