• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade for Justin Fields?

NAS

He’s getting benched, I would love to see what Canales could do with him.  Unlike Bryce he has many redeemable qualities as a mobile QB and has a really strong arm.  Unfortunately he also has trouble seeing the field and watches the pressure too much. 

That said, I would consider a Day 3 pick and kick the tires. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, NAS said:

He’s getting benched, I would love to see what Canales could do with him.  Unlike Bryce he has many redeemable qualities as a mobile QB and has a really strong arm.  Unfortunately he also has trouble seeing the field and watches the pressure too much. 

That said, I would consider a Day 3 pick and kick the tires. 

Repeat after me.  Canales is not some magical qb whisperer.   It was a fallacy from the jump. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I mean, I would be okay with Fields at the right price. You have to understand it is going to be a downgrade from Dalton in terms of the passing game. He would add an element of explosiveness to our already pretty decent running attack but he would aid in stunting the growth of our younger WR's, as he is a bottom quarter of the league passer. 

Just understand that choosing him as a future starter would be a pretty dramatic offensive limitation in the passing game. He is not likely to ever ascend above more than a slightly below average NFL passer at his peak.

I mean, still way better than Bryce but....

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bro he's still the starter.

I suggested him in the off-season people didn't like the idea. Now he's on his way to leading the Steelers to the playoffs and he doesn't have much to work with on offense.

I would go after him in the off-season tho.

He is likely to be on his last legs as the starter there. Tomlin has as much as intimated that. I would say he has maybe 1-2 games left before they roll out Russell.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Repeat after me.  Canales is not some magical qb whisperer.   It was a fallacy from the jump. 

“When it comes to his relationship with the quarterback, with Bryce, he’s a guy who has been around a lot of great quarterbacks,” Smith said, via Mike Kaye of The Charlotte Observer. “And he knows how to coach them. He’s coached some really good quarterbacks, and he has a system, he has a style, he knows exactly what he wants done and how he wants it done. And he’s going to get Bryce to do that through repetition, through practice, through meeting time and classroom and the film room.”

------------------

In his first year with the Buccaneers under the stewardship of Canales, Mayfield was selected to the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career after throwing for 4,044 yards, 28 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions. 

-------------------

Okay so maybe he isn't Bill Walsh or Mike Holmgren Brian Billick or whoever.... these are not exactly condemnations.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, I would be okay with Fields at the right price. You have to understand it is going to be a downgrade from Dalton in terms of the passing game. He would add an element of explosiveness to our already pretty decent running attack but he would aid in stunting the growth of our younger WR's, as he is a bottom quarter of the league passer. 

Just understand that choosing him as a future starter would be a pretty dramatic offensive limitation in the passing game. He is not likely to ever ascend above more than a slightly below average NFL passer at his peak.

I mean, still way better than Bryce but....

Running game would be insane, visions of Lamar behind this offensive line

Just now, NAS said:

Running game would be insane, visions of Lamar behind this offensive line

It would never be at the Lamar level just because Lamar is also an elite passing QB and Fields is a bottom tier passing QB. It would be a LOT of loading the box and daring him to throw against us, I suspect.

It would be kind of fun to watch us load up heavy and just start mauling people. Probably not super successful ultimately but fun for a bit.

Truthfully, he doesn't fit what Canales wants to do at all, IMO.

PFF is indicating that Fields is not the guy from the Steelers we need to trade for.

Screenshot_20241015_173936.thumb.jpg.42560017e5ea0089ebee468969cb837e.jpg

Nope. He isn't the QB we need from them. It's the other QB they have with a much better career winning percentage, similar career QB rating and at times considered an elite player by much of the Huddle. It also happens he is in the last year of his deal.

We need to go out and get.....

Screenshot_20241015_173954.thumb.jpg.fdc7348e47c2dedce438d5057368ac9f.jpg

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1