• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terrace Marshall

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

No way. Not even close. Our record with DG and the players he drafted in his 5 years is so far beyond the scraps that Fitterer got us in 3 years. We still suck because of the trash moves Fitterer made. Gettleman and Hurney were bad compared to most GMs but they weren’t close to the decimation of the moves by Fitterer.

The record is a result of what he inherited. Cam, Luke and most of the stars were already there. He drafted Benjamin, that trash DT I can’t even remember the name of, and shaq in the first. Shaq is decent but terrible as a 1st round pick. In the second he wasted picks on kony ealy and Funchess. The only hits were star (obvious pick that a donkey could have made) and short, bradberry who he let walk, moton, trai turner and cmc (another obvious pick). That’s just as bad if not worse than fitterer’s drafting. Plus he was responsible for losing great players we should have kept. Smitty, Norman, Bradberry come to mind immediately. Only player you can say Fitterer got rid of we should have kept was Cam, but I’m convinced that was Rhule not Fitterer. I’m not saying Fitts was good or even not terrible, but Getts was even worse because beyond drafting incompetence he also subtracted talent we already had. 

edit: and even Fitterer’s misses weren’t complete wtf are you thinking picks other than Bryce, Marshall might have been a bust but he was well regarded and most liked the pick. Just didn’t pan out. Greg Little didn’t work out but he was expected to go higher than he did. Gross-Matos wasn’t a huge bust, and he wasn’t a reach or anything. Just didn’t develop into a good player. Fitterer also got us Moore, Burns, Brown, Horn, Hubbard, Icky, and a lot more mid range contributors like Chinn, Mays and Zavala than Gettleman did. His post-2nd round picks were almost universally trash. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze

14 hours ago, AceMan said:

Got a little extra hate towards Terrace Marshall Jr. because I remember almost the whole Huddle (myself included) wanted Creed Humphrey…we drafted him instead… smh now we still have a need for Center and Creed Humphrey is an All-Pro center

unforgiveable.  

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

The record is a result of what he inherited. Cam, Luke and most of the stars were already there. He drafted Benjamin, that trash DT I can’t even remember the name of, and shaq in the first. Shaq is decent but terrible as a 1st round pick. In the second he wasted picks on kony ealy and Funchess. The only hits were star (obvious pick that a donkey could have made) and short, bradberry who he let walk, moton, trai turner and cmc (another obvious pick). That’s just as bad if not worse than fitterer’s drafting. Plus he was responsible for losing great players we should have kept. Smitty, Norman, Bradberry come to mind immediately. Only player you can say Fitterer got rid of we should have kept was Cam, but I’m convinced that was Rhule not Fitterer. I’m not saying Fitts was good or even not terrible, but Getts was even worse because beyond drafting incompetence he also subtracted talent we already had. 

edit: and even Fitterer’s misses weren’t complete wtf are you thinking picks other than Bryce, Marshall might have been a bust but he was well regarded and most liked the pick. Just didn’t pan out. Greg Little didn’t work out but he was expected to go higher than he did. Gross-Matos wasn’t a huge bust, and he wasn’t a reach or anything. Just didn’t develop into a good player. Fitterer also got us Moore, Burns, Brown, Horn, Hubbard, Icky, and a lot more mid range contributors like Chinn, Mays and Zavala than Gettleman did. His post-2nd round picks were almost universally trash. 

The timeline you are using to base this off is completely jacked.

Bradberry left 2 years after Gettleman left. 

Fitterer didn't get rid of Cam. (Hurney)

Fitterer didn't draft Burns  (Hurney)

Fitterer didn't draft Moore. (Hurney)

Fitterer didn't draft Chinn (Hurney)

Fitterer didn't draft Gros Matos (Hurney)

Fitterer didn't draft Greg Little (Hurney again)

They both suck.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I did include 2nd and 3rd when I looked.

Ah, your post said 2nd rounders. 

Unrelated, that reminds me of drafting Armanti edwards in the 3rd, using a 2nd the following year to move up to get him 🤦‍♂️

22 minutes ago, csx said:

The timeline you are using to base this off is completely jacked.

Bradberry left 2 years after Gettleman left. 

Fitterer didn't get rid of Cam. (Hurney)

Fitterer didn't draft Burns  (Hurney)

Fitterer didn't draft Moore. (Hurney)

Fitterer didn't draft Chinn (Hurney)

Fitterer didn't draft Gros Matos (Hurney)

Fitterer didn't draft Greg Little (Hurney again)

They both suck.

lol I totally forgot JR rehired Hurney after Gettleman was fired. Gd what a bad owner. Ok, Fitterer got Horn, Christenson, Hubbard, Icky, and DJ Johnson and Zavala seem to be developing. He was only here for three drafts. Higher hit rate than Gettleman still. Obviously Bryce is a HUGE black mark, and I’m not saying Fitterer wasn’t terrible. I just think Gettleman was worse. Still got rid of Smitty and Norman

45 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Moore Burns and Brown were all Hurney picks......

Tell us you dont know what your talking about without really telling us.....

Fitt is quite possibly the worst GM of all time in NFL history. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I don't know about NFL History, but you have a very strong argument for "Carolina Panther History" 😆

You can tell Scott thought he was wiser than the other GMs around the NFL. He thought he could trade down in the draft, trade up in the draft, and trade away players and end up with a more talented roster because of his perceived ability to evaluate players. In reality, was a poor evaluator of who would perform well on the Panthers at the NFL level.

He and Rhule seemed to be obsessed with RAS scores. I remember us having a draft (2021 or 2022) and a pundit noticed that most of our guys scored on the higher end of the RAS. But, none of those guys ever made a real difference on the field. Sometimes you just need to pick the most productive college player based on the game tape.

Jerry Rice is the greatest all around WR in my lifetime. He ran a 4.6 40 at the combine. HB Terrell Davis had a similar time, possibly worse. Both are Hall of Fame players...and you hardly ever saw anyone run them down from behind once they broke into open. "Football/game speed" trumps "40 speed" every time.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Yes, that’s already been addressed if you had bothered to keep reading instead of sweaty palmed replying with your “gotcha” post. I don’t think blocking out that Hurney somehow got a second run means “I don’t know what I’m talking about”. A lot of recency bias and drama queens in here. Fitterer sucked, but he was nowhere near the worst GM in history. He made some good picks, made some good signings, made bad ones of both too. Not to mention his first two (of three) years it would seem Rhule wore the pants in the front office. 

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

lol I totally forgot JR rehired Hurney after Gettleman was fired. Gd what a bad owner. Ok, Fitterer got Horn, Christenson, Hubbard, Icky, and DJ Johnson and Zavala seem to be developing. He was only here for three drafts. Higher hit rate than Gettleman still. Obviously Bryce is a HUGE black mark, and I’m not saying Fitterer wasn’t terrible. I just think Gettleman was worse. Still got rid of Smitty and Norman

You are kidding me. Zavala and DJ Johnson are good?

Rhule’s wife got us Hubbard and no other picks are even average players except for a guy picked 6th and 8th overall. Gettleman was always picking late first not top 10. His only top 10 pick was a draft where he got CMC, Moton, Samuel and Butker. That draft alone almost equals the list of guys you are lauding Fitterer for.

DG also got Turner, Norwell and Williams on OL and Benjamin and Funchess, while not good picks, got us way more that Mingo and Marshall. Bradberry, Shaq, Short and Star are far better than the D we got with Fitterer. Even guys like Tre Boston were better than the trash Fitterer gave us and DG only had 5 drafts before Hurney 2.0.

DG also never gave up the farm for the worst QB in the league to cripple us for years.

Sorry, but DG and Hurney were gods at GM compared to Fitterer. Fitterer, IMHO was the worst GM ever. I can’t believe any Panthers fan would back him over a monkey throwing darts at Mel Kiper’s draft board.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I forgot which round Moton was selected in. Still, point remains the you've got to go back a while to find solid second round picks. 

yeah I agree that for the most part as of here lately the Panthers have not done a  good job with their 2nd round selections

at the same time though in the last several years we have selected some pretty solid contributors with such players like Kawan Short / Donte Jackson /James Bradberry/ along with once again Taylor Moton

...just saying 

Edited by bandu