• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It seemed to obvious to me that he was hiding the fact that he'd been hitting the buffet to step on that scale as heavy as he possibly could. 

He wasn't the first to obviously game the combine. Obvious as hell. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, strato said:

If you go right now and find film of his pro day and it fools you, you should stop telling us about QBs. Not just you, I don't mean it personally. Anyone that doesn't see it. I am no expert at all and it just stood out. I am betting you didn't really look hard at that.

Game film

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's why I've always thought that having arbitrary minimum standards is dumb. That's how you miss out on a player like Smitty. 

Bryce wasn't a terrible pick just because of his height. It was the whole picture. He was short. He was slight built. He had a subpar NFL arm. It was hard to find plays in his college tape that translated to the NFL. There's no way you trade up to #1 overall to draft a player with so many glaring red flags in his game.

The Cowboys had a chance to draft Mike Singletary in 81'. He grew up a Cowboy fan, went to Baylor...a Texas university, and was the best LB in college football. Dallas passed on him in the draft because he was 5'11. In those days, Dallas never drafted a LB if he was less than 6ft tall.🙄. Gil Brandt admitted this to Singletary when Mike asked him "why did you guy pass on me?"

Singletary went of to have a Hall of Fame career with the Chicago Bears. I don't think Dallas had a LB make a Pro Bowl until Jimmy Johnson took over in and revived the team in the early 90's.

The "Doomsday Defense" of the Dallas Cowboys started to decline rapidly after the 1979 season. When Danny White took over from Roger Staubach in 1980, he never had a defense that finished in the Top 10. In contrast, Staubach never had a defense that wasn't in the top 10. Dallas still had a great pass rush in the early 80s and several ball hawking DB's...but no difference makers at the LB spot. It's probably why the lost 3 straight NFC title games from 1980-1982.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Game film

Oops. Some of it was probably there as well. The run ups to get distance. The all out effort to get zip, that sort of thing. But he had what I called a skip step and others called it a hitch, and it was plain as day. 

My concern was the extra time that added to releasing the ball, mostly (and the space it took for the extra step) but it also went to his lower velocity and all I could envision was say, throw a sideline pass that covers a lot of ground and how much extra time the fast ass NFL DBs would be given to close on it it.

That type of thing. It was big question that could really only be answered in live NFL action. It goes to the margins thing. They are slimmer, it isn't the SEC.

Let me tell you, you were happier not seeing it and trying to bring it up around here at the time. 

Edited by strato

9 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

The Cowboys had a chance to draft Mike Singletary in 81'. He grew up a Cowboy fan, went to Baylor...a Texas university, and was the best LB in college football. Dallas passed on him in the draft because he was 5'11. In those days, Dallas never drafted a LB if he was less than 6ft tall.🙄. Gil Brandt admitted this to Singletary when Mike asked him "why did you guy pass on me?"

Singletary went of to have a Hall of Fame career with the Chicago Bears. I don't think Dallas had a LB make a Pro Bowl until Jimmy Johnson took over in and revived the team in the early 90's.

The "Doomsday Defense" of the Dallas Cowboys started to decline rapidly after the 1979 season. When Danny White took over from Roger Staubach in 1980, he never had a defense that finished in the Top 10. In contrast, Staubach never had a defense that wasn't in the top 10. Dallas still had a great pass rush in the early 80s and several ball hawking DB's...but no difference makers at the LB spot. It's probably why the lost 3 straight NFC title games from 1980-1982.

Double pie for old school NFL inside stuff. 

I appreciate that poo. My mom danced with Johnny Unitas back in the day and my dad wasn't even jealous. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, strato said:

He is also kind of benched or demoted until Thielen went down. If you don't agree that's fine, I wasn't trying to make him out to be all pro just saying that most of Mingo's time has been with the worst QB we have ever fielded. It has to make a difference.

True he has but you also said Mingo and TMJ and most of TMJ’s snaps were not Young. I just don’t think they would have made any real noise and TMJ being team-less already supports that. I don’t think Mingo will be far behind if we keep adding WRs.

11 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

True he has but you also said Mingo and TMJ and most of TMJ’s snaps were not Young. I just don’t think they would have made any real noise and TMJ being team-less already supports that. I don’t think Mingo will be far behind if we keep adding WRs.

TMJ didn't make the team but last year, yeah that was total Bryce impairment.

You are right that I overlooked the PJ Walker/Darnold/Mayfield involvement so I stand corrected.